Nurburgring F1 1967

HA HA!

What a time when a middle aged, well built balding bloke could win the F1. :p

Last edited:
No kidding!

must have worked hard :D

We forget how primitive the safety precautions were in those days
I remember Jim Clark at Pukekohe in 66 or 67 Tasman srs lost his nosecone and put in the fastest lap

I didn't realise how competitive the Formula 2 cars were in context with this track. Wiki says a Formula 2 drivers ended up with 5, 7th and 10th, whilst in qualifying, Jacky Ickx earned a 3rd place.

Interesting that Fangio commented on that before the start, sipping on a nice drop in the VIP viewing area, saying that it was a track where it was not about horsepower but how you used what you had. Lots of cars dropped out due to damage from bottoming out on the humps and bumps.

Winner Hulme, nickname the Bear, very nice bloke, met him during the BMW days when he drove for Frank Gardner. Died at Bathurst, going down conrod straight in the B&H BMW M3, suffered heart problem, reported problem on radio, gently pulled off the track to the left and parked safely off line.

Last edited:
Interesting that Fangio commented on that before the start, sipping on a nice drop in the VIP viewing area, saying that it was a track where it was not about horsepower but how you used what you had. Lots of cars dropped out due to damage from bottoming out on the humps and bumps.

Winner Hulme, nickname the Bear, very nice bloke, met him during the BMW days then he drove for Frank Gardner. Died at Bathurst, going down conrod straight in the B&H BMW M3, suffered heart problem, reported problem on radio, gently pulled off the track to the left and parked safely off line.
I remember that, very sad.