non car related stuff

nchandler

Fellow Frogger
Howdy all, since there always seems to be someone who knows the answer to any questions, I thought i would see if anyone had any experience with radio control planes?? I am looking at getting one, and was wondering if anyone knew anything.

kinda oddball i know!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Nick,

My cousin and I built one when we were younger. It was all good - started her up, and we were having trouble controlling it. My uncle said he'd take over to try and get it on the ground safely... then it flew straight into the powerlines and disintegrated! Bit sad hey?

I think what I'd recommend is build your aircraft then find a model aircraft club and go there for the first flight where people can help you out.

I think you will also find, that by law and for insurance coverage, you must join a registered model aero club.

One of my staff built a 'plane only to find that he couldn't fly it because there are fairly strict rules on it. Council and the CAA I think are involved.

Besides, it is best to be around experts when you start on these things isn't it? Is that why we join car clubs? (one of the reasons anyway)

My mates were into them big time when we were younger (they fly the real ones for a living now..) Anyway, they cut their teeth on controlling the things on a huge glider, 2m wingspan. Brilliant, would fly for ten minutes, and you had plenty of time to get used to it.

I had the old control line ones, but not RC. (Wear a finger guard when starting.)

Stuey