nobody interested in a good ds pallas?

glenn shaw

Fellow Frogger
c/mon guys,

somebody out there must want a good ds pallas they have to spend bugger all on to enjoy. seems that most dsphiles want the top of the line pallas with injection but at dspecial prices.

maybe i should have worded the ad as ds23 pallas injection auto- hydraulics rooted, auto stuffed, engine worn out, leather interior cracked to pieces needing full renewal, metallic paint crazed, faded and cracked, body rusty etc for $5000. can't help but think i might have been over run with enquiries if i had!

must be someone who wants a good one, have a look at the photo gib gib kindly posted for me of it in the ad- can email other photos to interested parties so how about it?

cheers,
glenn.

Glenn,

Patience mate, patience...You can't sell when nobody's buying and you are a fair way off for a casual test drive.
As a suggestion, could I suggest that you post the URL to the previous ad so anyone passing through and not a regular user knows where to start looking and also in the past few days, we've revamped the Australian Citroen Classifieds.
If you can, use the URL of the photo on the net & attach it to the advert there, tick the box at the bottom so that you will get an automatic e-mail advice when someone responds to the ad and it will automatically be accessible via the search engine.
As I often post ads across from that board I can't see any problem in going the opposite way occasionally. Where it may be a bit more successful is that it is Citroen specific & at times gets postings from folks overseas looking for cars & thereby widens you market scope. :D

<a href="http://members4.boardhost.com/aussiecits4sale/" target="_blank">http://members4.boardhost.com/aussiecits4sale/</a>

Alan S

[edit] Altzheimers; forgot URL of Cits4sale :rolleyes:

<small>[ 30 December 2002, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Alan S ]</small>

Hi Glen,

I'd love a good DS pallas, however for me to buy it right now it have to be like this:

-Be free :rolleyes:
-Come with 12months rego & insurance
-Come with a full tank of fuel citroen_
-Have the transfer & stampduty paid to get it into my name.

Guess we don't have a deal :confused: mallet mallet roll_lau

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: Don't give up (or drop the price), when someone with $$$ that want's a good 'D' turns up it should sell. However that person may take aaaaaggggggeeeeessssss to appear, or it could be tomorrow, who knows :)

Glen,

Don't be discouraged by the lack of response, I for one would love your car, but like most who frequent this board would require serious marriage counseling if I indroduced another Citroen into the household :(

Christmas/New Year is not the best time to sell any car let alone a Cit, just keep your ad alive by "bumping" from time to time. From your description and the pics I've seen, the dollars are right, so don't be tempted into reducing unless you need a quick sale wink Patience, now and your DS will find a good home :cool:

On the other hand hang onto it for a few more years and you'll have buyers hammering down your doors, good rust free D's are becoming rare worlwide and Australia now possibly has some of the better cars, who knows given five years or so you may have your retirement funded.

Cheers
Chris

hi guys,

well, thanks for the words of encouragement- some positive feed back really does help.

i guess i was getting a little perplexed as to why i was getting so little response to it being the order it's in and the amount of work done as we keep it pretty well maintained and driven every weekend. probably the one thing that annoys me the most is when i'm told "oh, the car is in tasmania" as if thats the biggest problem of the lot and the price should automatically drop a fair bit. well, the mainland is as far away from me and the 1955 2cv i brought did'nt drop in price because the owner felt sorry for me being over the water- i made a trip to view it then arranged to drive it home so these days distance is no real drama, especially as i'm only 30 minutes from the airport or 40 minutes from the ferry.

yes, i'm hoping it does sell but it will be a sad parting as it's a car i love however, i'll be happy if after a good while of not moving, the right person comes along. lets face it, keeping a ds in top nick is a constant job and whoever does get it has to keep it up to scratch as i do and not be afraid of spending where needed. i certainly wo'nt drop the price on it but it does have 12 months rego, fully insured with shannons AND maybe i'll throw in a tankful of fuel!!

thanks again for the positive thoughts posted, it will be appearing in just cars in feburary no see how we go....dad is itching for me to get stuck into the light 15....

best regards to all,
cheers
glenn.