Nice r19

dave from bendigo

Fellow Frogger
Who says r19 aren't good cars, click link to see what a real car looks like:
<a href="http://www.renault19world.de/galerie_phase1_3.php?aktuelles_menue=galerie&aktuelle_seite=galerie_01&aktuelle_galerie=3&sprache=en" target="_blank">http://www.renault19world.de/galerie_phase1_3.php?aktuelles_menue=galerie&aktuelle_seite=galerie_01&aktuelle_galerie=3&sprache=en</a>

All I see is just another bunch of overcapitalised mediocre family sedans with garish paint jobs and too many spoilers.

Save your money up, buy an RS Clio and (for Gods sake) don't add or change anything on it!

dave i loved that site when i had my R19 too. Some great examples.
There is also heaps for sale also in this weeks tradingpost also..

Europa, you have no imagination, and many of those 16vs would be a hell of a lot quicker than your standard clio RS, P.S how can you call a three door hatch a family sedan.

Yeh, i have been to that site! There are a few nice cabrios done up on there as well, i personally like the sedans!

Cya Stalled

dave from bendigo said:
Europa, you have no imagination, and many of those 16vs would be a hell of a lot quicker than your standard clio RS, P.S how can you call a three door hatch a family sedan.
I don't own a RS Clio, but after having driven one and comparing it to a R19 Chamade (loaner car from a dealer), I would be extrememly surprised to find an R19 that would be a "hell of a lot quicker" than a RS Clio. Plus, if the NVH levels I experienced were ANY indication of the R19's engineering quality, it would not be a pleasant drive. It'd be a brave man in a R19 taking on a RS Clio, thats for sure.

Fuego's are a family sedan - the brochure even tells you so (including the TV advert with the burglars!) 2 doors, one hatch, and less room than a R19.

fuego a family sedan ??
it is a hatch with 2 front doors

as far as i know sedans have 4 doors

then again renaults catch phrase is "we don't make cars, we create cars"

make/create................. same :D

Fuegos were touted as being a family hatch, if people remember the advertising campaign on TV great pains were made in advertising the fact that the car could seat four full sized people.

pugrambo said:
fuego a family sedan ??
it is a hatch with 2 front doors

as far as i know sedans have 4 doors

then again renaults catch phrase is "we don't make cars, we create cars"

make/create................. same :D
Mate I'm not disagreeing - it is a 3 door hatch - but even a cursory glance at ANY of Renaults advertising materials will have you believing you can cart everyone around in it in extreme comfort.

...anyway, besides the point - I still think the those R19's on that page look like tarted up specials. One step away from "Jacky" cars in some cases. Why bother?