New tyres next month . . . I've chosen these.

207cc Sport

Fellow Frogger
attachment.php

Up for a tyre change on the RCZ. Chosen this one.

235/40/19

https://www.bridgestonetyres.com.au/potenza-s001

Attachments

• PEUGEOT-RCZ-4094_49.jpg
    PEUGEOT-RCZ-4094_49.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 420
Hmm! I don't know what criteria the S001 best satisfied in your view but on most criteria the best-in-class in this size would be Pirelli's PZ4 (Sport) & Michelin's PS4 S. Honourable mentions would go to Falken's FK510 & Hankook's S1 Evo2 as well as the old wet favourite, the Conti SportContact 5.

cheers! Peter

Looking around, the PZ4 seems to be difficult to find in 195/60/15. Any sources you know of, Peter?

Not made below 18" as far as I know.

In 195/60-15, the closest you are going to get to a PZ4 is Bridgestone's Adrenalin RE003.

cheers! Peter

Hmm! I don't know what criteria the S001 best satisfied in your view but on most criteria the best-in-class in this size would be Pirelli's PZ4 (Sport) & Michelin's PS4 S. Honourable mentions would go to Falken's FK510 & Hankook's S1 Evo2 as well as the old wet favourite, the Conti SportContact 5.

cheers! Peter

Tks Peter. The Michelin's are $470 each. We are getting up to $2,000 for four. I've had Bridgestone on my cars for 25 years. Just put a new set of Potenza RE003's on my Maxima. Also sets on the French Tart. The S001's will cost me $1,500 with a wheel alignment included. As my wife drives the RCZ as a daily drive, I only get to drive it once a month. :(

Last edited:
Tks Peter. The Michelin's are $470 each. We are getting up to $2,000 for four. I've had Bridgestone on my cars for 25 years. Just put a new set of Potenza RE003's on my Maxima. Also sets on the French Tart. The S001's will cost me $1,500 with a wheel alignment included. As my wife drives the RCZ as a daily drive, I only get to drive it once a month. :(

yep - comprend

But even cheaper yet better are Continental's SportContact5, Falken's FK510 & Hankook's S1 Evo2.

Last edited:
....The S001's will cost me $1,500 with a wheel alignment included.

IS it true that to correctly do a wheel alignment on a 'Modern', the ecu needs to be accesed to reset the steering centre doodad that controls the traction control or esp??

If so, are tyre monkeys actually suitably skilled to do that???

I'm feeling a little apprehensive after getting talked into a wheel alignment a few moth back.

Jo

Well it's certainly true for my 19 year old 406 (that has ABS & ESP)! Can't answer for newer cars. Surprise, surprise, my local wheel alignment/tyre service guys never mention the need to do this (& would not be equipped to do it).

It's not difficult to do (well not if you've got access to a straight & flat piece of road where you can pull up in the middle without being run in to, and the appropriate computer gear - PP2000 for a Peugeot) - but it usually takes me a while to remember that this is probably the problem, as I tend to get anti-pollution messages as well as the ESP/ABS not working messages :rolleyes:.

Cheers

Alec

We've never needed it (well, never had codes arising) on the Mrs Mondeo which has ESP.

It still seems to work OK as I mess around making the ESP warning light flash on wet roundabouts to wind her up (the Mrs that is).

IS it true that to correctly do a wheel alignment on a 'Modern', the ecu needs to be accesed to reset the steering centre doodad that controls the traction control or esp??

If so, are tyre monkeys actually suitably skilled to do that???

I'm feeling a little apprehensive after getting talked into a wheel alignment a few moth back.

Jo

Hey Jo, interesting comment. Found this, and I'll be asking questions at the tyre shop.

[h=2]Steering angle sensor reset: The new last step in alignment service[/h][FONT=&quot]Until recently, a total four-wheel alignment was considered complete once the technician finished adjusting front toe. With all four wheels set to specification (pointing straight with the thrustline of the vehicle) and a level steering wheel, the technician had accomplished the objective and was ready to move on to the next job. However, for millions of vehicles equipped with Steering Angle Sensors, this is no longer true. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A growing number of OEMs now require Steering Angle Sensor reset in conjunction with alignment service. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alignment corrects mechanical adjustments, but the SAS requires an electronic reset to match the vehicle's new thrustline. The actual position of the SAS is unknown after an alignment, which is why measuring and resetting the SAS is now the new last step of alignment service. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Failure to perform SAS reset when required can affect the proper operation of electronic driver-assist systems that rely on precise steering information from the SAS. Shops unfamiliar with SAS reset face new challenges and questions of how to properly align vehicles with SAS.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alignment questions for vehicles with SAS:

• Is this vehicle equipped with SAS?
• Does this vehicle require SAS reset?
• How do I reset SAS on this vehicle?
• What tool do I use?
• How do use this tool?
• How do I document SAS reset was complete?[/FONT]