New Tires for my Citroen

rmingrap

Tadpole
Hello! I'd like to buy a set of all-season tires for my 2018 Citroen C3 Aircross Shine. I have been checking out Tyroola and 4wheelonline for reference but their wide selection left me confused. Any recommendations?

You will be asked about your priorities - wet grip safety, comfort, cornering, noise, etc. What is the tyre size? That's the first step.

For what it's worth my DS3 (sporty, skinny profile, but C3 platform based) is happy with Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 as an all-round compromise, and they are relatively affordable and much quieter than the originals..

We don't really buy all season tyres in Australia as we rarely drive for a season on snow or ice.

98% of our road tyres will be what you're used to calling 'summer tires'. Hope that helps your search criteria.

Cheers

Justin

We don't really buy all season tyres in Australia as we rarely drive for a season on snow or ice.

98% of our road tyres will be what you're used to calling 'summer tires'. Hope that helps your search criteria.

Cheers

Justin

Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying a set of Hankook Kinergy ST tyres.

I was supposed to recommend Goodyear UltraGrip 9 or Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun but I guess that you made a good choice of purchasing the Hankook tyres.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying a set of Hankook Kinergy ST tyres.
Now that's a turn....I picked up a set of wheels and tyres for my trailer today....and what tyres do you think they have on them.....

Cheers

Justin

I'm a little puzzled. Did you mean Kinergy GT, not ST (which doesn't seem listed by Hankook)?

cheers! Peter

Michelin energy or michelin pilot sport are a treat on most Citroen’s for a quiet fuel efficient drive.

Michelin energy or michelin pilot sport are a treat on most Citroen’s for a quiet fuel efficient drive.

The best for any car. Had them on my previous Reno - have them on my 2 current 308's - have them on a current Lexu......

Cheers

Justin

I would recommend against Michelin Energy tyres (of any variant) on grounds of mediocre wet grip. The Pilot Sport 4 tyre, however, is a very good all-rounder. (Remarks based on a slew of published test results; I recommend a browse of the TyreReviews site in the UK.)
As always, any decision is to be based on one's priorities across the spread of tyre performance parameters & on what is available in the size.