New thieves on board

It may be a Toyota-only exploit.

Secret proprietary systems exist to be hacked and understood. It's the "intellectual property" syndrome enforced by managers with no idea how their systems work. Exploits soon follow.

It may be a Toyota-only exploit.

Apparently the claim is that it works on "BMW, Cadillac, Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, GMC, Honda, Jeep, Jaguar, Lexus, Maserati, Nissan, Toyota, as well as Volkswagen"

But not demonstrated on those makes. I;m sceptical about a lot of this stuff. Some systems, like VAG and PSA and the US brands are significantly understood, but the proof is seeing it done. The software for reading and fiddling CAN systems is open source (and even comes ready to use in Linux repos) but the published car data seems to be fragmentary. Hackers keep secrets too.

Last edited:
Gee's what a lot of effort, I could steel most of my cars with a piece of wire and something to short a solenoid with :clown: anything metalic woulddo

The RCZ, the 407, the C2? The oldies aren't computerised and fitted with immobilisers.

I think the CX is as safe as a set of C5 wheels.

Still works a treat CAN bus or no CAN bus😂
Screenshot_20230408-234255.png

The RCZ, the 407, the C2? The oldies aren't computerised and fitted with immobilisers.

I think the CX is as safe as a set of C5 wheels.

they are my wife and daughters cars :) .... the CX might be slightly more difficult to steal than the other proper cars ....

I could do a all keys lost on a new RAV4 in 5 minutes with the autel can’t see why you would bother mucking around with that crap peugeot would be about the same

Now what does the thief do in the future?
st.jpg

The car locks and drives itself to the nearest Police station

Now what does the thief do in the future?
View attachment 219525
The car locks and drives itself to the nearest Police station
The thief gets more sophisticated. There is always a hacker more motivated to crack the system than designers trying to prevent it. If and when the self driving cars arrive, Can can see cars getting stolen remotely.