New Peugeot 308 is back!

Palo Verde

Fellow Frogger
Almost immediatey after the PM went to Paris and a red carpet rolled out by Macron, with respective first ladies cheering
I received email from Inchcape European Automotive
Screenshot 2022-07-06 014651.png

Could the 2 series also come soon?

Thank you Albanese for making it easy.

Nice. I've had 4 X 308's - looking forward to my next one !

Hopefully the semiconductor shortage won't stop us getting the full digital dash!

GT Sport Hatch PHEV with 1.6L turbocharged petrol engine with 132kW of power and 81kW electric engine - Combined 165kW of power and 360Nm of torque looks nice.

It's a shame the Touring only gets the 1.2L and 230Nm........

Cheers

Justin

Last edited:
The PHEV hatch is plug in right with a small electric only range? If so, that would be perfect. The 50-60 kilometre Ev range would do all the school runs and work commutes.

Since getting my 308 270 it's proven that's all the space we need with 2 small kids.

Anyone want a really good condition Audi A4 Avant?

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read today
France and Australia have never had close or warm trade relations. Perhaps its cultural. French approach is very different to ours. Peugeot always gave minimal support to the Australian operation. EU isn't a warm feel good body to deal with. Does Stellantis know who Albanese is? Probably not although some junior exec will make a living writing reports on political changes in every rabbit warren in the sales areas to be read by nobody. Can France negotiate a separate trade deal with Aust? No. Would Stellantis take any notice of Macron? Not likely. Does drinking a 750 ml bottle of cognac after dinner enable great revelations? Yes.

The latest deal: A free 'sub'** with every new 308.

** Fulfillment partner Subway. Mustard extra.

I'm sure Big Kev at Stellantis HQ in Melbourne knows exactly who Albo is and the change in govt was also not lost of the French. However, I doubt it has any real bearing on selling Pugs here.

Remember the French bans? Now that was a difficult trading environment but really quite civilized. No weird mobs with pitchforks blockading dealers. Or the factory. But customs did give some French visitors the full treatment. And teachers who bought had to run the gauntlet of informed senior students asking "how could you?"
Arms dealing is a dirty business in which there are no friends only interests. Dudding countries out of their money is not unknown nor is backing both sides. That was a very mild dispute. No repercussions in general trade one way or the other.

Pricing on the 508 PHEV in Oz is currently $89K driveaway in NSW.

It's looking a little scary for the 308 PHEV....

Cheers

Justin

Let me guess, is there zero chance of a manual wagon in Australia? :(

Do vehicles still come in manual ?? Only commercial vehicles have that fancy option 😅

Ask the youngsters wanting manual licence to be able to drive WRXs but driving utes as don't want to be seen in a auto as all that's all they can get their hands on.

Let's wait and see what engine/trans options AU wil get

If a new 30# car is due, I was wondering how the numbering would work. The 309 was used in the 1990s so guess they have to keep using 308.

Let me guess, is there zero chance of a manual wagon in Australia? :(
It would take a gutsy dealer to order one, however if you are prepared to wait, I'm sure you can get yours.
John

Peugeot said 10 years ago that the numbering would stop and 208 308 408 508 etc would stay as is
I expect many buyers could get their heads around, say, 308.2 and so on. Benz fanciers coped with 230, 230.4 and 230.6 in the 1970's and knew the difference. Better than inserting more 0's to get a 300000008.