new citroen D5

Looks like something whacked together for an sequel to the Thunderbirds - lol

Oh ye of lesser observationary powers that misseth all the idle chatter whilst spending too much time driving cars with diamonds on the front....Oh woe is me....why doeth I bother....... :cry: :cry:

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27041

There it is, from the excitement to the death knell.
Rear engined rear wheel drive indeed!! Only a bastardised Krautwagon with Jap input anyway. :eek: :nownow:

Alan S :blackeye: :D

Alan S said:
Oh ye of lesser observationary powers that misseth all the idle chatter whilst spending too much time driving cars with diamonds on the front....Oh woe is me....why doeth I bother....... :cry: :cry:

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27041

There it is, from the excitement to the death knell.
Rear engined rear wheel drive indeed!! Only a bastardised Krautwagon with Jap input anyway. :eek: :nownow:

It's alright, we occassionally have to nudge Routers to wake him up at club meets. I think it is oldtimers setting in.:D

(now going into hiding to avoid slings and arrows...)

pugrambo said:
would this also be a cit first Citroên claim that access to the mechanical bits is very easy :roflmao: :joker:

Apparently they have contracted in the person who designed the location for the oil filter on the Pug 604:tongue:

UFO said:
Apparently they have contracted in the person who designed the location for the oil filter on the Pug 604:tongue:

flamin PITA it is too :roflmao:

who would think to put the power steering pump right in front of it so you just have to fight to get the filter out and then to have this lovely hammer head shaped sump right underneath it to catch all the oil that falls out of the filter on removal :crazy:

don't get me started on starter motor removal where you again have to remove the oil filter (read above)

and engine bay 3" wider would have been lovely but i'd dare say it would be easier to work on than a PRV in an XM :tongue:

Alan S said:

Rear engine in a French car? Sacre bleu? Mais non!; Alpines?, Renaults? spring to mind.
Horizontally opposed Citroens? Couple of those too.
Roll on the retro-Tatra with a flat 8 out back :tongue: .

UFO said:
It's alright, we occassionally have to nudge Routers to wake him up at club meets. I think it is oldtimers setting in.:D

(now going into hiding to avoid slings and arrows...)

The arrows would not ave no effect as your hide is so thick!!

I seem to remember they made a flat two that goes OK considering 602cc.
I almost had a seizure when I last filled it--- $26.00.!!!
And a couple of other french models by Loiu's company were rear engined.
Now for a Velo-Solex!! about 170 klm for 1.5ltr. & you get to pedal as well
Cheers Pete

WOW did someone cut & paste the upper half of the mini and just photoshop the other half???

Citroen innovation

Andre would be disgusted with you knockers,there have been a lot of bridges go under the water since Cit started mucking about with FWD,now everyone is doing it so why not change the system.It looks like an interesting concept and quite logical in this day and age.It seems that some Cit people are a bit like bikies,claim to be individualists but all look the same
Regards Dennis

Did anyone see that email doing the rounds about an 8 wheeler electric car some japanese guys has developed? It out acclerates a Porshe 911 and has more than a hint of Cit DS about the styling.