New addition 206 GTi 180

ipb205

Fellow Frogger
Hi, after many years in Subaru land (and they are a good bus), I bought this 180 last week.
Came up well after a good detail. 104000km, one owner near ACT, good service history and unmolested. Its even got the Sime Darby welcome letter and the seat belt Peugeot padding bits for the seat belt straps.
Goes over the pits on Tuesday for reg changeover.
Needs a timing belt and will do water pump in the new year and then its right to go.
1544935831975.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using aussiefrogs mobile app

Congrats mate. Have seen that one around over the years. Looked to be nice and original, and reasonably rare in red from what I have seen. Enjoy.

Fair enough, I really enjoyed my first 180 in it’s stock form.
Although I will say the front ride height from an aesthetic point of view does let the 180’s down IMO.

Put them on some windy roads (like most Pugs) and it’s impossible not to smile!.
I hope you’re as pleased with your 180 as I’ve been with mine, which is considerably.

Yeah, if Porsche made a Hot Hatch in the 1990s/2000s - this would be the car. Such an amazing machine. I love mine. I was keeping an eye on the car your purchased. Glad it's gone to a 180 fan!!

But the Golf got fat and slow after the Mk1, other manufacturers caught up and surpassed VW and even now it’s nothing special.
Congrats on the 180, I like them and there’s been a couple for sale here in Perth recently but I’m smitten with my 306 Gti still ❤️

Nah the Porsche hot hatch would have been a clio V6 with a massive turbo

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Did a quick service yesterday to be sure of what was in the car in terms of oils and filters etc.
Oil and filter changed using a Purflux 867B. The filter that came off it intrigued me a bit as it is blue just like the Purflux (suspect they make it for Peugeot) but its labelled as Peugeot part number '1109.T0' and has 'High Performances' printed above the part number. Its also a few mm taller than the 867B filter. If anyone can advise what's the difference between the 2 filters Id appreciate it just for trivia sake really.

I also changed the gearbox oil too whilst under the car. Now running with the Penrite 75-80W product.
Air and Pollen filter looked newish so they can stay in a bit longer.

Noticed that all 3 fill and drain points have different tool requirements being a hex key for the sump plug, a square section for the gearbox oil drain point and a 19mm socket for the gbox oil fill point. Good old French uniformity..not!

cheers.

Noticed that all 3 fill and drain points have different tool requirements being a hex key for the sump plug, a square section for the gearbox oil drain point and a 19mm socket for the gbox oil fill point. Good old French uniformity..not!

cheers.

At least you won’t accidentally undo the wrong plug!
:p

The filter taken off is probably the one specified for longer service intervals, but for most car people it makes no difference as most change the oil and filter before the extended service requirements.

Did a quick service yesterday to be sure of what was in the car in terms of oils and filters etc.
Oil and filter changed using a Purflux 867B. The filter that came off it intrigued me a bit as it is blue just like the Purflux (suspect they make it for Peugeot) but its labelled as Peugeot part number '1109.T0' and has 'High Performances' printed above the part number. Its also a few mm taller than the 867B filter. If anyone can advise what's the difference between the 2 filters Id appreciate it just for trivia sake really.
The 1109.T0 is actually an LS923 - a slightly more "high performance" filter designed for synthetic oil, according to posts I have read.

AFAIK, the GTi180 with its strict requirement for 5W40 synthetic oil should use an LS923, but I'm not convinced an LS867B is necessarily a bad choice.

Perhaps the LS923 was developed for PSA for longer change intervals - which happened about the time of its introduction.