New 207gti

zac50

Tadpole
Not sure how to navigate around this place yet. Yesterday i tried to get here and a "fileshare" site came up all the time, i got a big BEEEEEEP virus warning and i was out of there,lol Anyway, Hi Guys, ime Shane. I just bought a Peugeot 2008 model 207gti. In IMMACULATE condition. One owner, 147000ks. The timing chain has not been changed, as it says nothing in the manual about intervals but ime curious guys? The engine sings perfectly, like a sewing machine. Like new to drive. Got no traction control, fault is in the module and the ABS is fine. Apart from that everything works perfectly! It does not have enough grunt for me so ime upgrading it. I would like about 20Kw more. Or a better way...How much can i get without changing that lovely, but a bit small, twin scroll turbo?? What do i need to achieve this guys? A few pics below. The wheels need cleaning bad:/ Hmm, have to work out how to decrease the file size of my pics! How do you get your pics small enough for here guys? Appreciate any answers:)

Last edited:
Welcome, Shane. I don't know what the interval is but a death rattle is ave done the timing chain replacement ourselves.

My car was at 90,000kms when the death rattle finally killed it. Mine required a few other things replaced after the failure, namely a couple of valves and the brake vacuum on the end of the exhaust cam which had seized and caused the rest to fail
http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/pe...-chain-set-camshaft-lock-tool-ep6dts-n18.html

Hi Topaz, mine has no rattles at all at the moment, even on a cold start! The de pollution warning has shown a few times but it runs great, except on the long steep uphill to get out of my city it has seemed to lose power a couple of times! Apart from that it runs great. Probably a warning that some work will soon need doing:/ Anyway, my only urgent problem at the moment is i broke a valve stem that had a hidden crack in it causing PSSSST, spat valve and went down:/ I went to goodyear and they told me the bead on the rim has a small crack causing as very slow loss of air:/ Wheels seem VERY hard to find so i suppose i could have it welded leaving the problem that even though the valve stem screws into the tire pressure sensor, Peugeot will only sell the complete assembly at 320 bucks!! Seems a bit suss:/ Any help here would be appreciated! With the welding and 320 for the sensor assembly it would probably cost more than the entire set of wheels i have found for 600 bucks! I dont think they are exactly the same, but they will fit and are still 17 inch very similar alloys! Then i dont know if the wheels will come with sensors though i dont need or want them anyway. I monitor tire pressure myself, i dont need the car to do it:/ Do you know of any valve stems that will screw into the sensor?? That and welding "might" be the cheapest option:/ Thanks for the reply mate...Shane:)

Problem solved Topaz, ive found a 2007 cc hatch, identical to mine apart from bodywork. Perfect alloys, engine gearbox etc, still drives, front end damage. Its in my town, where i bought my Gti:) 500$!!!!! Now i have spares for everything but body panels:))) I will sell some parts if anyone needs some!

Do you know of any valve stems that will screw into the sensor?? That and welding "might" be the cheapest option:/ Thanks for the reply mate...Shane:)
Don't know of local, but if you type in "207 valve repair kit" on eBay, you will get lots of options.

With the dodgy roads in the UK due to salt, etc. they experience this issue much more than we do.

Thanks for the reply SLC206 but with the wheel needing welding it looks like buying the 207cc turbo will be the best option. At 500 bucks still running with front end damage its going to have lots of spares, i hope, if Peugeot dont have too much different between them mechanically:/ The engine in the cc is a 110 Kw i think, but ime pretty sure thats just detuning. I will build that engine over time with all the good bits:) The alloys are not quite the same but with two from the cc on the back and two from the Gti on the front it will look ok, and from my research the tire pressure sensors are the same:) I have no use for the interior and its pretty much the same as the Gti if anyone needs anything!