Need S/H TRX's for roadworthy

vivid

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
If anyone knows af anywhere (Sydney, Canberra Adelaide or Melbourne) that has some seconhand TRX's that would pass a roadworthy.. (lotsa tread) please let me know. I really dont want to keep the original mags on this car without spending $400 ea tyre.. Thanks Michelin.. HEAPS!
:mad: disappro cry
Pretty desperate at this stage.. The only other option I have is borrowing something that fits and would pass, and changing them, back. In my opinion the mechanic is being way fussy, and i am confident the TRX's I have are still safe, with a few kms left. My tyres still have a decent amount of tread in them, although they are starting to crack a little with age.

Thanks frogs.

$400 a tyre? Surely they arent that expensive now-- they were always about 200-220 in Sydney. Are they Michelin importers or ones that buy from an importer?

I've emailed my mate who works at Marks and Wallings in Sydney as they are the locals for Michelins - just to see a current Sydney price, even though you want to change wheels anyway.

Craig:
$400 a tyre? Surely they arent that expensive now-- they were always about 200-220 in Sydney. Are they Michelin importers or ones that buy from an importer?
You are right, I would probably do alot better if I made some more queries. Even if I could get hold of some MichTRX's do any froggers know of better compound new metric tyres?
To tell you the truth, the amount of money I have at the moment 200-220 for 4 tyres may as well be a million.

I've emailed my mate who works at Marks and Wallings in Sydney as they are the locals for Michelins - just to see a current Sydney price, even though you want to change wheels anyway.
Thanks,

I am still unsure of what option I will take, but I would be interested in what he says.

I dont really want to change the wheels on my car, as the tyres still have some kms on them, and the amount of tread left on them is far from unsafe. Not only that but I would like to leave the the mags on, to keep it original.

I will need to replace the tyres sometime in the near future, but I was even thinking about getting some second hand wheels to fit a 14 inch tyre for the roadworthy, and putting my old tyres back on afterward... chasing up some second handers as I need them. There maybe a tyre/wheel combo that I can buy, that could be easily sold.

My mate replied. He said Michelin have become bastards and jacked up the prices for rare tyres.. including metrics. He said 400 a tyre might be right although he has replied on a weekend so I guess he didnt check his price list. I'll ask him to get an exact price anyway, just for an FYI to all.