NE1 modded an S16 or GTI6?

P

Phasis

So what types of basic engine and suspension mods can I do to an S16?

Already have a cone filter, exhaust system and lowered springs.

------------------
1995 306 S16

Pasis,

Unfortunetly u have already completed the Filter Ecu Exhaust mods
These are the basic mods 95% of the people do on there cars
Andreas is becoming a exeption and has lost the plot like me and is getting a tough 405mi16 built with some balls
He should be able to help u with the suspention mods
The 306 S16 feels great on the road make sure u do some research on the web before commiting on a setup as it is easy to get things wrong and ruin the nice ride and handling of the s16

Murat

turbo?
you do know that peugeot used your block and stuck a turbo on it?
8.0 compression ratio, intercooler, T25 turbo, 14psi gave them 196bhp.
not sure what to suggest, you've done the basic mods, maybe have your chip reprogrammed???
supercharger???

oh yeah, by how much have you lowered the car?
are you using the pug shocks?
do you know when they were last replaced?
bilstein do a very good pug kit as do koni, stay away from *most* others (not all).

Murat, i've lost the plot have I?
smile.gif

hopefully i can get the car finished in time, spending so much time and money on it and i'm nowhere near ready.
see you in 2 and a bit weeks.

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Andreas (edited 12 July 2001).]

Like I said in my other post in this thread, I have only had the car since December so I dont know the history of some of the mods done.
The exhaust system has a Remus muffler with 2" pipes, standard headers, I wouldnt change this unless it was really needed as it sounds good and it rather quiet. The air intake is a Kingdragon cone type, with the filter down in the bottom of the LH front guard. The springs I "think" are about 1-1 1/2 inchs lower. They have 306 written on the, and the shocks are standard by the look of them.
I have a Sparco strut tower brace lined up but one thing i did notice when i got 4 new Falken Azenis S115's 195/50/15 put on that the rear end doesnt track as cleanly, and a bit lagged durring a swerving action (as if warming up tyres). The previous tyres were Dunlop W10 205's so I thought that the difference might be caused by the new tyres not interfering with rear self-steering setup as the larger tyres scurubed the inside of the arch. This slight 'lag' could of be being dialed-in in he setup.

Does this sound plausible?

Thats the animal !!!

My brother bought a white schmiko 205GTi from the dude at Chevron (nice bloke) and that car was there at that time, i just sat in it, dreamt of ownership, and made loud farty noises with my mouth as i fanged it up and down the imaginary highway....

Nice car dude

Chipper
smile.gif

That 205....i drove that a few weeks before and was going to buy it but my GF would of got REALLY shitty if i bought a 1988 car with 130,000 for $13,000. She really had no idea of the uniqueness of the 205's.

Anyway, happy with the S16 anyway