Name That Part! Mystery Peugeot 307 plug

Macron

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi all👋
Hoping someone can identify this electrical plug and its function on my 2003 Peugeot 307 2.0L petrol (RFN EW10J4 engine).
See attached pic for reference.
Looking from the front of the engine, it is just below and to the right of the throttle body, and it seems to be attached via a piece of solid plastic to the port that the vacuum pipe from the crankcase ventilation hose plugs into.
Doesn’t seem to be any kind of sensor in that area - unless it is built into the plastic port itself - and there is no mention of it in the Haynes manual.
Any ideas?
Cheers😁

Attachments

• FD023A13-00A5-4298-A6AB-DE1A08D3E731.jpeg
    FD023A13-00A5-4298-A6AB-DE1A08D3E731.jpeg
    980.6 KB · Views: 102
Perhaps a heater element?
I did wonder that too. I remember reading that some Peugeot throttle bodies were heated to stop them freezing in winter, but this isn’t actually on the throttle body. Unsure why that PCV vacuum port would need to be heated…? Bit of a puzzle.

I removed the throttle body to get a better view. Markings on plastic just identify the type of plastic it’s made from🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• DFC8C559-F0B2-473A-B868-E3A816F00250.jpeg
    DFC8C559-F0B2-473A-B868-E3A816F00250.jpeg
    867.7 KB · Views: 56
Whatever it is fits Citroen also. Maybe repost in the cit forum?

Are you looking at the butterfly control plug? The butterfly motor is controlled from the pedal, but it also senses and has a limp home function.

There's a comment in the manual that if the throttle body is replaced "learning" (of the control) must be re-initialised with the diagnostic tool.

papillon.png

Last edited:
Hi all👋
Hoping someone can identify this electrical plug and its function on my 2003 Peugeot 307 2.0L petrol (RFN EW10J4 engine).
See attached pic for reference.
Looking from the front of the engine, it is just below and to the right of the throttle body, and it seems to be attached via a piece of solid plastic to the port that the vacuum pipe from the crankcase ventilation hose plugs into.
Doesn’t seem to be any kind of sensor in that area - unless it is built into the plastic port itself - and there is no mention of it in the Haynes manual.
Any ideas?
Cheers😁

Reckon the plug is located on a dummy post for markets where the throttle body heater element is not fitted (item 9), on a 306 it just hangs in the air.

1684975812450.png

Reckon the plug is located on a dummy post for markets where the throttle body heater element is not fitted (item 9), on a 306 it just hangs in the air.

View attachment 221951
That would make sense. Can’t see it performing any useful function where it is.
Probably nothing I should be worried about, but I’m just curious and want to learn everything I can about this engine😊
Whereabouts did you get that cool exploded diagram btw?

Just unplug and see what doesn't work.