(N00b) Rear Brake pads for Peugeot 308

mefrog

Tadpole
Hey guys,
How is it going?

I have a Peugeot 308, 2010 Diesel Hatchback model. The rear brake pads needs replacing and the local mechanic only has bendix pads which I don't like. If I wanted a QFM, TRW or Brembo pad, how can I find the right part number? is there a way to get it from the VIN number? Reason being different sites give different parts for same rego number. I am also not sure if it's an XS HDi or XSE Hdi. May be the rego details are wrong. Had a close call not too long ago, and hence need a good brake pad which can stop fast.

From what I could find this would fit but I don't know whats a (4E_, 4H_): https://www.bremboparts.com/asiapac...-1-6-hdi/000026615-1?side=HA&producttypes=Pad

But the list has two different diameters and thickness! Are front and back same?

EDIT: VIN VF34C9HR8AS168341

Thanks

Last edited:
What’s the vin

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

You have the TRW pads with 249 mm rotors this is all you need for aftermarket

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Hi Mefrog,

If you are after significantly better braking performance then just putting a softer pad on the rear won't have much effect.
The rear brakes are only responsible for about 10-20% of the braking.

Also you will have different specification pads front and rear.

You are better off changing front and rear to the same specification and same brand.
Softer pads will give you better performance but obviously will wear more quickly.

As dmccurtayne has indicated - go to your brake supplier and quote what is fitted already (TRW).

A performance shop may be your best bet for a significantly better performing set of pads.

Cheers
Roland
:banana:

There are so many variants in PSA cars always search for parts by VIN. The Repco site search by registration number is almost comical.

Repco may be able to check by VIN that if asked, otherwise talk to one of the usual French parts suppliers like EAI or Parts of France. They may be interstate, but a courier will have them there in a day.