My Review of 2019 Koleos ll after 2 years of ownership.

Beautiful car to drive, big and safe, lots of airbags, electric steering is great, brakes have really nice feel through the pedal. Only reason I would not buy another one is that damn cruise control.

This reminded me that yes, I have also found the steering to be excellent, smooth, and just feels the right amount of turn of the steering wheel to go through corners. Not all cars feel like that. I think it is one of those things that you do not notice at first, because it just feels right, but during our long trip I did start thinking that the steering felt good enough that it was just unobtrusive.
The brakes also, pedal just feels good for the conditions, and pedal effort seems to match the retardation well.

A little niggle for me is the touch screen fan speed, give me a knob to turn any day. If it just jumped up one speed each touch it would be fine, but a quick touch suddenly gives you maximum fan speed, then you have to fiddle back and forth to get it right. Looks flash, but very difficult to use, so why do it?

Nothing is perfect, is it?

Interesting with your thoughts on the CVT.
I've only ever driven three.

A brand new 1.6L turbo Nissan Juke demo (it was related mechanically to Renault somehow), it was bloody terrible, particularly from a noise aspect.
Mrs G hated it (it was for her), we ended up buying the same vehicle in a 6 speed manual and she loved it, kept it for 6 years..

About 10 years ago the in-laws hired a 2.4L Nissan X-trail with a CVT, it was impressive.

My wife just exchanged her Mitsubishi ASX 2.0L CVT company car for a Hyundai Tucson 2.0L automatic. Both the same year model but the ASX had hit its kms travelled limit and the Tucson has 20,000 still to go.
The Mitsubishi was great, stick in D and forget about it.
I had so show her how to drive the Hyundai up the Toowoomba Range in manual mode otherwise it was just constantly hunting gears, whether in the 100, 90 or 70 kph zones, a real PITA.
The Hyundai's main redeeming feature is it returns 6.7L per 100 kms at a steady 110 kph.
Not bad for a reasonably sized, 2.0L petrol SUV.🤷‍♂️
Oh and it's ride quality is by far the best out of several similarly sized, late model SUVs I've driven.

This reminded me that yes, I have also found the steering to be excellent, smooth, and just feels the right amount of turn of the steering wheel to go through corners. Not all cars feel like that. I think it is one of those things that you do not notice at first, because it just feels right, but during our long trip I did start thinking that the steering felt good enough that it was just unobtrusive.
The brakes also, pedal just feels good for the conditions, and pedal effort seems to match the retardation well.

A little niggle for me is the touch screen fan speed, give me a knob to turn any day. If it just jumped up one speed each touch it would be fine, but a quick touch suddenly gives you maximum fan speed, then you have to fiddle back and forth to get it right. Looks flash, but very difficult to use, so why do it?

Nothing is perfect, is it?
Score! Ours is a 2010 car, still has knobs.

Ah, it is a current model Skoda. It's the only car on the market at any price that has the Scenic's rear seat removal option to give you a van and great capacity to carry awkward things inside. It's two downsides are (a) smaller windows in the vertical sense, so it is less 'scenic' from the inside, and a 1.4 turbo engine, 4 cylinders. At 1900 kg, it has more towing capacity rated than the Scenic (Renault says 1400 kg and then fits a 1000 kg towbar in Oz!!) and of course it is much newer. The youngest Scenic around would be about 17 years now.

I'm not so sure about a 1.4 litre turbo. The 2-litre Megane engines are bullet-proof.

You can see my dilemma. My Scenic lives down the drive backwards and round a post under the house. I don't want longer or higher.
Where in France is it made?

I'm coming up to 5yrs from new in April on mine (similar specs) but have only done 33800 kms. I’m just about to change the front rotors and pads - will use the same Bendix pads as yours, and brembo rotors I think. I’m still on the original nexen tyres.

cheers
KB
Some may not agree with this, but I don't believe brake rotors usually need replacing at the first pad change. Yes, there is usually a small lip on the rotor, but disc thickness is still way above minimum. But you don't want to put new pads straight in or the inner and outer edges will sit up on the small ridge. It is fairly common practice to take a small chamfer off the inner and outer edges of the pads so the main pad surface sits squarely on the worn rotor surface. At my recent pad change, I only needed a chamfer of approx 2mm on the edges of the pad. Brakes were immediately good, not spongy. After a short while, the pads will wear in to the inner and outer ridges.
Maybe at the second pad change I would think about renewing the rotors.
The exception would be if I had brake vibration or pulsing, in which case I would renew the rotors. I no longer bother with machining discs, just get new ones, and in my case I would probably go genuine, but otherwise good quality (as you have mentioned).
Cheers.