My new 205si

Just an update on the 205.

It passed the roadworthy! That means it can now go and get some club plates and start getting used more often.

Cal helped me change out some of the rubber parts in the front suspension. New lower control arms, arb bushes, steering rack ends and a group n lower engine mount. The cv boots only needed replaced on the driver side but we got into a bit of trouble taking the cv apart so I dropped it into a driveshaft shop around the corner from my house and they had it fixed in an hour. I’ll be going back there whenever I need new boots now. The car is a lot quieter going over bumps which is nice.

It also got some pepper pots so a brake upgrade is on the cards now...

This weekend was the Ford Four Car Clubs 50th at Bryant park so I took the pug this weekend for the event. Saturday started with a TRE from Pakenham to Bryant Park followed by a motorkhana. It felt a bit clumsy to throw around. Maybe it lost some agility with the wider tyres on the or it could also be the tyres the pepper pots came with but it felt slower than the stock 13s at the motorkhana.
Today we ran the hill climb. The brakes were scary and amount of roll the tyres and suspension had slowed me down a bit but it’s fun trying to push it how it is. I started of with 77seconds around the long track then dropped it to about 71 at the end, each run got faster.

So I’m pretty stoked with the car. It cost $500 and I have put about the same amount for parts to get it where it is now but my list of things to do is going to grow. Right now the main things are brakes and suspension but I’m also considering throwing in my mi16s motor. I want to keep things cheap and easy so maybe that is a project for down the road.

What shock and spring options are there for Si’s other than having to convert to the gti k Frame?
I'm still not sure what to do about the brakes yet either. go bigger or try more aggressive pads and fluid. IMG_3287.jpg