My Brand New Second Hand Koleos.

Just imagine how exciting working on the French Mirage 111 was in 1963/4 in the RAAF when the only metric tools were shifters and Phillips screwdrivers with the tips ground off to fit Dassault screws. The maintenance manuals were in not quite English and like French cars, specific tools abounded!

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have a play around on the weekend.

Cheers

Then I manually closed the mirrors before turning off the ignition and exiting the car and locking manually, and voila, the next time I unlocked the car the mirrors did not fold out. However, after unlocking and relocking the car again, it reverted to the automatic status, so what is meant by the above instruction, I have no idea. Maybe it means "temporarily deactivate".
the Latitude is similar, if I leave the switch in the "out" position they don't fold on walking away. However, I reckon that I had it permanently out once before and it reverted to auto for no apparent reason.... likely old fart problem. But then it also has semi-manual wipers... in the manual slow speed position the wipers don't thrash wildly in light rain like in the auto position, great, but they also turn off on their own if the rain stops.... and the auto-manual gear box, NO, you can't have the gear you selected it still decides what's best for you.... French.... :)

Bob

The Latitude gearbox is a Nissan one therefore Japanese.

Last edited:
The Koleos Diesel 6 speed Auto Nissan slushbox will hold any gear you select manually up to the engine red line and can be manually downshifted at any point below the red line, using the manual override. The Petrol Koleos has a CVT transmission which has had "steps" added to it'sprogram to make it feel more like a regular auto, I think you can hold the step points manually if you wish?