Mt Cotton Hillclimb 14/3/04

Cal

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
The first Mt Cotton Hillclimb of the year will be taking place this Sunday. I am not entered as the car is not ready yet. May go down for a quick look though.

Cheers,

Cal.

Cal said:
The first Mt Cotton Hillclimb of the year will be taking place this Sunday. I am not entered as the car is not ready yet. May go down for a quick look though.

Cheers,

Cal.
Cal what time does the day kickoff? Who is hosting it? I might come for a drive down to have a look around.

Mt Cotton is owned and run by the MG Car Club. First run usually starts at 9am. Each car gets 4 or 5 runs though, so if you show up for an hour or two, you will see most cars run once. I go out about 10 or 11 and leave by lunch. Here is a link to some more information: http://www.qrda.asn.au/welcome.html

Cheers,

Cal.

I went down for a look in the afternoon, 90 entries and a lot of spectators earlier in the day. Scott Rayment was running the fairly modified R12 in the low 51s. Quite a few WRXs, and a fair smattering of open wheelers and '70s machines. Most of the track can be seen from the viewing mound and the pit area is able to be wandered through whenever you like. There is no entry fee for spectators at non championship events.

I went down with dad at about 11am for an hour or two. There were indeed loads of spectators. There are a couple of freshly built club cars I haven't seen before too. A really nice Mk1 Golf Gti, a red Sprinter and a nice Fiat 124 BC amongst them. Two Frogs, the R12 and Noel's Fuego. The Rod King\Gerald Cullen Gti6 was not there however. A pity close to Targa I reckon.

Cheers,

Cal.