Modest upgrades to an R10

A standard 1100 goes ballistic with a 956 head, one of my 8’s has that combo and it outperforms (in fun) the 8 with a 1.4 and the 8 with a 1289....
Totally agree with the Koni upgrade

A standard 1100 goes ballistic with a 956 head, one of my 8’s has that combo and it outperforms (in fun) the 8 with a 1.4 and the 8 with a 1289....
ONE of my 8s???? How many do you have? I have a 956 head in the cupboard now I come to think of it - mine is 1100 with a 10S head.

I too fitted a 956 head to an 1100. Inlets polished, homemade inlet manifold and extractors/muffler. 1 1/5" SU. Sounded like xu1. Would do 95mph on the clock, one up. (y) I thought it ballistic too.

John, I have a modified 956 head in the shed, and the green car probably needs a freshen up sooner or later.......

John, I have a modified 956 head in the shed, and the green car probably needs a freshen up sooner or later.......
It's a temptation, isn't it? Mine's done about 120,000 km since I last touched the engine. And in my case it would still look original. I could fit a 32DIR as I have the manifold and air cleaner for it, so still 'nearly' original. Trouble is compression is good, oil consumption zero, new car reliability and I'm a bit reluctant to mess with it. Perhaps for its 60th birthday..... :)

So @R4gene , what-sa-gowin-on :p
Been chipping away at doing some bodywork on the 10 over the last couple of months. Seats and floor mats out, lots of pitting but not many holes in the floor pan, a few small patches to cut out and weld in fresh metal. Back wings are off and back to bare metal and waiting for some painting weather, maybe next summer at this rate on the East of Aus😒. Wheel arches are all cleaned up as well . Going to change tack and weld instead of paint, probably better to have the whole car ready for paint than do it piecemeal .
I have also been gathering the parts, 1.4 motor ready for a rebuilt, just need pistons and liners. Weber sidedraught ready for a service. Set of Koni’s which I will send away for a rebuild, don’t know where yet. Haven’t made up my mind about wheels yet, won’t using them for a little while yet so no rush .

I had a pair of Konis overhauled a few years back I think by Proven Products. However, it doesn't look as if they are in that game now (Ikon shocks for motor bikes by the look of it).

Be interesting to hear where you get them done eventually. Good luck with it.

I had a pair of Konis overhauled a few years back I think by Proven Products. However, it doesn't look as if they are in that game now (Ikon shocks for motor bikes by the look of it).

Be interesting to hear where you get them done eventually. Good luck with it.
Cheers