Mini moke price in UK

julian c b

Fellow Frogger
In Wheeler Dealers Program where they restore a car to a high standard and sell it ,they did a mini moke .It was an Aussi made private import and it sold for 7200 pounds.They said if it was a British made one it would be worth twice as much . Seems strange to me considering the prices they are worth here now.

It appears there are many good examples for sale.
I would expect many more on Magnetic Island near Townsville where they were, perhaps still are used as hire vehicles for visitors.

The point I was making was that they said an English made moke would be worth twice as much as an aussie one without explaining why. Surely they are basicly the same with the aussie one a later model

The point I was making was that they said an English made moke would be worth twice as much as an aussie one without explaining why. Surely they are basicly the same with the aussie one a later model
Would have thought the Ausssie ones were worth a lot more as they were certainly better. Maybe rareity makes the UK ones worth more??

From memory the pommy ones were pretty ordinary. They had ridiculous 10" wheels which gave bugger all ground clearance...and some didn't have self park on the wipers.
Not sure what donks they had. maybe 850cc??
The Aussie ones had 13" wheels, 998 or 1275cc motors. They certainly looked better than the English ones.
Wish I still had mine......

Decca

Attachments

• PF in Moke-1984 (1)                          _.jpg
    PF in Moke-1984 (1) _.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 159
Hmm they were a fun car in some ways but can I use a four letter word describing them :poop: RUST. I could point you towards a couple of dump sites that could be mined for iron oxide from Mokes. Being near the sea was the kiss of death.
But really the lack of a roof and the lightweight construction did not help. In my case the shit BMC brake design and engine accessibility etc did not endear them to me either.:cautious:
Jaahn

Hmm they were a fun car in some ways but can I use a four letter word describing them :poop: RUST. I could point you towards a couple of dump sites that could be mined for iron oxide from Mokes. Being near the sea was the kiss of death.
But really the lack of a roof and the lightweight construction did not help. In my case the shit BMC brake design and engine accessibility etc did not endear them to me either.:cautious:
Jaahn
The one featured in UK was virtually rust free

The program was filmed 10 years ago. Not sure any prices you see on wheeler dealers reflects current potition when the episode first goes to air - let alone 10 years later.

Jaahn
The brakes when properly set up are superb, and engine accessibility is not an issue when compared to most modern front wheel drives. The box sections down each side make them a very ridged vehicle and again when properly set up they are an amazing drive.
If you haven't driven a good 1275 version make sure you do!