Mike Mattinson - possible username catshamlet? Peugeot

joannem92

Tadpole
Can anyone help? My dad, Mike Mattinson was a keen aussie frogs member before he passed away in November 2012. The anniversary of his death was last Friday. He had built up an old Peugeot (I want to say it was a 203) and this is currently sitting in the garage at my house with no TLC and gradually becoming something in the way. It's a real shame but me and my sister have finally decided to sell it. I was wondering if anyone would know what we would need to do to advertise the car? Or if anyone remembers my father? I understand this is quite an ask considering there are so many members on here. This is my first time on aussie frogs so i have zero clue about people replying or checking the site. Your patience is highly appreciated! Please, if any body can help, reply to this thread and i will hopeful work out how to message back, or send me a direct email to: joanne_mattinson(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

Many thanks in advance!! :)

Hi Joanne. I remember your father's posts, as will very many on this forum. I'm sure you can expect many replies. It is hard to believe it is 4 years ago already that your father passed.

Your father's username still pops up on our screens every few hours because he started probably the most popular thread on this forum which, as I write this, has had 43,198 replies so far! If you haven't seen it, you can find it here: http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/toad-pond/87635-once-upon.html

As for your Dad's Peugeot, I'm not sure how much we can do from Australia to assist you with a sale in the UK. One thing some members may be able to do (ie, those with more knowledge of old Pugs than I possess) is to assist you in identifying and writing an ad for the car and the features you should promote in any advertisement. There appear to be some photos of it here: http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/85028-alternative-203-thread.html

Posting some more photos of its current state might help with the process.

As a general comment, I'm sure there will be many who can help but you may be better to have the correspondence to draft ads and work out where to advertise 'off line' - if you are selling the car you don't want to create a public thread where people start to discuss any faults it may have.

Hopefully Aussie Froggers will be able to help in the name of a well respected inspired member, sadly missed..

Hi Joanne,

I too find it hard to believe that it has been 4 years. Your Dad helped me when I was searching for a diesel pump for my 406 about 9 years ago. We exchanged information and I sent him some DVDs of the 203 competing in the Redex trials in Australia in the 1950s.
He has been missed here.

You should probably edit your post and rewrite your email address to disguise it from spambots that search the web for addresses to target. If you replace the "." and "@" with words (dot and at), we can still understand it but it's harder for a computer.
If you can't find how to do this, perhaps one of the moderators could edit it for you and set up your account so that you get emails when people respond to this thread.

I hope you find a buyer for his car soon.

Can anyone help? My dad, Mike Mattinson was a keen aussie frogs member before he passed away in November 2012. The anniversary of his death was last Friday. He had built up an old Peugeot (I want to say it was a 203) and this is currently sitting in the garage at my house with no TLC and gradually becoming something in the way. It's a real shame but me and my sister have finally decided to sell it. I was wondering if anyone would know what we would need to do to advertise the car? Or if anyone remembers my father? I understand this is quite an ask considering there are so many members on here. This is my first time on aussie frogs so i have zero clue about people replying or checking the site. Your patience is highly appreciated! Please, if any body can help, reply to this thread and i will hopeful work out how to message back, or send me a direct email to: joanne_mattinson(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

Many thanks in advance!! :)

Hello Joanne,

As you will have read your father was well known and liked on this forum and is far from forgotten. A great deal of his activity on the AussieFrogs forum is still to be found. Indeed, a search shows a huge input from Mike over the years, well over 5,000 posts.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1830285

The build of his Peugeot was documented on the forum but unfortunately there was a forum crash and a lot of posts were lost. He referred to it as a 203 + 505 = 708. It was a testament to the quality of his work that the car passed MOT testing.

Many members here will recall much of the work done on the car and may be of assistance to anyone considering taking on this project. A vast amount of work and thought went into it so I hope the car can find a custodian.

Do please post some photos of the car if you can, I am sure that there will be many offers of assistance.

Good luck, and thank you for making contact with us.

Michael

Hi Joanne your father drove to Kendal to pick up some small parts from me about a year before he died and we took a test drive into west Yorkshire, I drove the return leg and was very impessed by the car.
If you contact Club Peugeot UK I am sure they will help you get a fair price for it. www.[B]clubpeugeotuk[/B].org/