Mi16 questions (Wiring)

neil

Fellow Frogger
Hey guys

Some help here is needed as I have now wired up the mi16 into the 205 and after I fit the new radiator I will be able to spark it up.

Last night I turned the engine over without plugs in and the computer connected to see what happened. What I notice is that it turned over ok but had no fuel going to the injectors. I was not expecting to see any spark from the spark plugs but I was expecting to see fuel.

The questions I have are
1. Should the fuel pump work when the ignition is turned on or is it driven by the computer?
2. Can somebody tell me what the three relays in the black box are for in the Mi16 loom?

Thanks for any help provided in advance.

Neil

<small>[ 15 July 2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: neil 416 ]</small>

Aha....another one caught by this one hey;

Remove each plug from the injector & refit them only this time be sure that the plug actually makes contact with and clips onto the pins & doesn't just slide up inside the plastic like it did when you did it last time. mallet mallet

Everybody gets caught with this one....it'd be interesting to know how many pumps, relays & ECUs have been tossed away due to this little trick and even more interesting to know howmany have been caught as opposed to how many that have admitted they have. cry deal

Alan S cheers!

thanks Alan

I will have a look at this, but the main problem is the fuel is not being pumped to the fuel rail.

When the 8v was in the fuel pump started to pump as soon as the ignition was turned on? now nothing not even when I turned the engine over?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Neil

There's a fuel pump relay which gets grounded by the ECU, when it receives a signal from the crank trigger. I'm fairly certain the fuel pump relay is the GREEN relay socket. One of the small orange wires goes to the ECU, the other to the BLACK relay socket. Check you're getting 12V accross these two orange wires, which energises the relay.

I don't have the pin outs handy. I've left the wiring diagram at work. I can get them tomorrow.

Thanks Peter

From the diagrams I have one of the relays is for the aircon is this correct??

Neil :confused: :confused: :confused:

I've got the diagrams now. Relay cradle colours:

Black - A/C compressor
Green - fuel pump
Brown - injectors

Let me know if you need any more details. I'm fairly intimate with one of those harnesses at the moment. I've got one on the bench which I'm grafting a Haltech ECU onto. So I now know every wire number/colour.