Mi16 motor + harness 1.9 130k

JR,

I see were the confusion is coming from
It is from an earlier post
That post was meant for chipper

Murat

Thanks again for your replies and offers of assistance.

jr,

If this all works out that I obtain this set up, I will no doubt be picking your brain come install time. I imagine it would be a little while before I put it in anyway, so a strip down and check before install would be a good idea as you have suggested.

Murat,

No probs mate, if you beat me to it, you beat me to it
wink.gif
, and again, thanks for your help so far and offer of further assistance if i should need it. I have asked Ben to call me tonight, so I will see what happens. Might be able to do a package deal for the engine and rims.

Cheers all, its great to see so many folks willing to lend a hand.

Thanks

Chipper
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Chipper (edited 01 August 2001).]

murat, no probs mate!! chipper: to pick my brains re the conversion will be a small nominal fee [$20 a minute] includes gst too!! also if you want i can supply good books and bad blondes for a little extra.

------------------

i've got a spare motor if anyone wants it, wont be any use to you though as it's got 4 or 5 extra holes in it hahaha

i've been told that the exhaust manifold is what causes more problems when fitting into a 205.
with some bulkhead modification (read:hammel, grinder, chainsaw haha) you can make it fit without moving the radiator, engine mount etc.
or just make your own exhaust manifold.

Andreas

All,

Spoke with Ben last night, looks like a goer
smile.gif

jr,

No probs mate, bring the blondes on !!
wink.gif

Ben has suggested a small wedge made from alloy that goes between the head and the ex manifold, match ported etc to give enough clearance between the 'fold and the fire wall.

Comments?

Will keep you all updated.

Cheers

Chipper
smile.gif

Chipper,

Good luck with the transplant.
And about the wedge i would much rather
build a nice 4-1 tuned length stainless steel
extracters.
But hay if it works and u have thought of all the angles why not (Go the wedged 205 mi16)LoL

Murat

Yep,

I have secured the engine, all that remains is a sighting, if all is well, it on its way into my engine bay.

Cheers all for your help.

Chipper
smile.gif

This didnt work out the way I had wanted. I refered to this engine in another post as a dog. I have to say that was an emotional response rather than a factual one. I have apologised to Ben and would ask anyone who may want to look at this engine to form their own opinion, do not go off mine, it may be totally incorrect.

Thanks

Chipper