Mi16 head onto 205Gti

two-oh-philic

Fellow Frogger
Picked up car from mechanic again, he told me he thought it was possible to put mi16 head onto 205 block. Is this possible? What would a pretty good Mi16 head go for?

I thought it was adiferent block.

did you really post this at 0650?
thats ****in early dude! whistle
try:
<a href="http://www.mi16conversion.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mi16conversion.co.uk</a>
in FAQs, they cover this its feasible but i think not as easy as throwing in a mi16, and if you found a head then you've probably found an engine.

got to tdo with the coolant holes not lining up?

<small>[ 10 September 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: renn_205 ]</small>

Boy was i excited to see that there were 4 responses to my post! Sad i was to find that they were largely talking about the time i did or really didn't post!

There was a company in the UK who at one stage were offering a conversion kit for this mod.
I mentioned it on this forum years ago & got the impression everybody thought I was drinking my own bathwater as there seemed to be a million reasons why it wouldn't work. I can think of one off the top of my head; the cambelt & all the tensioners & gizmos that were different between an 8 & a 16 valve motor. Another was the oil return lines which I believe are also different. The rest of the motor is basically a case of being "the same but different" with different pistons and other mods made so as to allow for the higher stresses & revs.
Can't see it being practical, cost wise and as has been suggested, a full on Mi16 conversion would be a far better option.

Alan S

hey back to more irellevant things like the time...

yes pm indeed, oops...

thought is was the 24hr clock, because of the 0654 thing.

well thats my exscuse and i'm sticking to it! :confused: mallet