Mi16 bottom end in a 306 1.8 16V engine??

mmm...CORNERS

Fellow Frogger
Heres an interesting thought...I was talking to Stuart at northshore rallysport and got got on the subject of tuning. Apparently a Mi16 bottom end will go into the 1.8 16v motor and give it 2 ltr capacity, and it should go like errr, buggery! the ECU would have to re-mapped and have an exhaust system/ported and flowed heads done and it would cost serious $$$ but the 1.8 is an alloy block (lighter) compared to the GTi6 (iron block), so overall weight would b lower... a nice idea i thought if you had the cash and were hoping to do some racing..or just for the hell of it!

mmm...CORNERS said:
Heres an interesting thought...I was talking to Stuart at northshore rallysport and got got on the subject of tuning. Apparently a Mi16 bottom end will go into the 1.8 16v motor and give it 2 ltr capacity, and it should go like errr, buggery! the ECU would have to re-mapped and have an exhaust system/ported and flowed heads done and it would cost serious $$$ but the 1.8 is an alloy block (lighter) compared to the GTi6 (iron block), so overall weight would b lower... a nice idea i thought if you had the cash and were hoping to do some racing..or just for the hell of it![/QUOTE

WHAT??????

XU10 or XU9 Bottom end ???

WHAT??????

XU10 or XU9 Bottom end ???[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I just assumed he meant a 405 Mi16, figured that it changed the bore/stroke????