mi 16 conversons

ooh-heh

Fellow Frogger
Hey everyone,
ive recently come up with the great opportunity of slapping in a Mi16. into my 205 of coarse. Does anyone out there know how much an engine transfer form costs for that particular conversion and does anyone do them at Aussie frogs "mates rates?"

Sweet...

The process is well documented on the mi16conversion site. In summary though, the basic parts needed are:

- shortened inlet manifold
- tapered exhaust flange plate
- Mi16 ECU and loom

However, that's just the start, depending on how much hp you ultimately want.

- late model drive shafts and hubs
- LSD
- etc etc etc.....

I might be interested in the job if no-one else wants it (I need the cash!)

Probable not going to do it now

i dont really have the space to drop a subframe out of 2 cars and switch them...or the tools at this point in time.

i'm wondering
does any one know what a reconditioned Mi16 motor costs, as i was going to get this one for $3500. But that was buying the whole car. So that included the mandraul bent exhaust system, the Mi16 gearbox, the Engine. Late model mags x 3 as one is ****ed from the accident, lowering springs, and rear koni adjusts!
One of the reasons i found myself not wanting this great deal, was the sump was sheared off and the dirver's from wheel was right back into the a pillar. cry It is sad to see sights like this. i thought this ment a screwed drivetrain. the engine had done 135K anyway so i think i am better off

message to peter T if he sees this. If and when i buy an Mi16 motor can i contact you as it seems you know what you are doing and may have done numerous conversions before. it would be great if i could as i have many questions.

Can anyone give a cost to do this conversion from doing everything yourself (ie parts only) to getting someone else to do everything for a 1.9 Mi16 engine keeping Mi16 loom and ECU/ancillaries but without modding it very much at all.

ooh-heh,
that's a bargain for all those bits. I wouldn't let the sheared off sump worry you, there's plenty of those around.

How much does a fully reco'd 16V cost? I have no idea. It would depend on how bad the original engine was. An aftermarket piston/liner kit costs GBP400 alone. I don't think many people, other than motorsport enthusiasts, are rebuilding them. Most people are buying good 2nd units, thus the reason for the high prices. At present, $3K is a good buy for a mid mileage engine/gearbox/ecu.