Melbourne Mechanic

Pekay, can you post Salman's business name, address and phone so I can update the list and James, did Fernando work with Ted at Peugoplus Cheltenham or is he the new owner?

Works with I believe.

Via the aussiefrogs App

EDIT - I asked him last time I saw him and he said he'd 'taken over' the business.

Last edited:
So can anyone confirm if Ted still owns and runs Peugoplus or has it been sold as some people suggest?

I spoke to Ted a few months ago and he said that Fernando wanted to buy him out.
He's looking toward semi-retirement and working from down his own neck of the woods (Tyabb) or thereabouts.

cheers, Mark.

Last edited:
Not really a mechanic per se but it's relevant to Peugeots.

Avoid Bob Jane Tmart Prahran. I went there to get my new tyres balanced last month as they were the only place out of about 7 I called that had an adaptor for centreless rims. All was good until I got up to freeway speeds, then the wheel started to vibrate. Today I finally had some time to go elsewhere for a second opinion, Edgar's Tyrepower in Notting Hill (recommendation from a member of the PCC). They said that one wheel didn't have weights at all, and the others were out by as much as 30g. As an entire month has passed I don't like the chances of getting my money back from Bob Jane, but I certainly won't be going there again and neither should you. :mad:

My work does tyres and has a wheel balancer. We also have the adapter that allows us to balance the cyclone alloys (not center hole).

Via the aussiefrogs App

The guys Edgar's Typrepower. @ Notting Hill have been pretty good with balancing and alignments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guys Edgar's Typrepower. @ Notting Hill have been pretty good with balancing and alignments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Edgars. My father put me onto them when I urgently needed tyres in Melbourne on a new car. They did it following day and turned out cheaper than the Internet. I don't bother trying anywhere else anymore. I've always been happy with the the tyres they've recommended and pricing is great.

I normally go there on a Saturday and they are quite busy, often with a long wait. On the plus side there are some beautiful old cars come ib while I'm waiting. Normally German though.

Via the aussiefrogs App

New mechanic added to Melbourne Mechanic list on first page;
John Norder Motors 4/35 Power Rd Bayswater 9720 8731 Contact Steve. (suggested by Keith M)

Hey guys, feel free to tell me what you think. But I've been sending our 307 touring to Auburn Road Hawthorn since we bought from Regan motors in the first place. But I've never liked them. They don't explain enough and I find they have not worked out a couple of computer issues. They couldn't even supply window wipers last service and required me to come back another time. It really pissed me off. Am I over sensitive?

Update to recommended mechanics in the Geelong area. I just had the timing belt and water pump replaced on my 2007 407 HDi 2.0 litre wagon by Hardy Automotive ,Grovedale, Vic.Contact Troy Hardy on 03 52 442223.I supplied the parts and Troy/staff did the work. Cost $400.00. Wagon had travelled 140,743 kms.

Update to recommended mechanics in the Geelong area. I just had the timing belt and water pump replaced on my 2007 407 HDi 2.0 litre wagon by Hardy Automotive ,Grovedale, Vic.Contact Troy Hardy on 03 52 442223.I supplied the parts and Troy/staff did the work. Cost $400.00. Wagon had travelled 140,743 kms.

I would love to see the invoice to see what they actually replaced.

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread but can anyone recommend a mechanic in the Gisborn area? I'm buying a 307 that I would like to have inspected.

Thanks! Just the info I was after. I have used Elliot Beniada when he went out on his own as Tune Mobile. He's fantastic but I'm having trouble getting through to him at the moment. It may just be that he is on holidays.

As stated by others here, I cannot recommend Edgar's Tyrepower highly enough.

Ian Edgar has been running his tyre business (Blackburn Rd, near corner of Ferntree Gully Rd, Notting Hill [Mount Waverley]) for around 40 years.
He is a man of high integrity and treats every customer with respect. Service is second-to-none.
They have an impressive (new?) high-tech wheel alignment system.

Anyway, has anyone been to:
Alpine Affaire, Colin Stark
4 Thanet Crt Ringwood 3134
9879 1961
www.alpineaffaire.com.au/

EDIT:
I went there last week.
Lots of good advice. Very helpful.

Last edited:
Im after a workshop almost purely for diagnostics, i have a 306 GTI6 that has a very odd stalling out issue, i have tested all the obvious stuff now looking for a someone to nut it out, im in Dandenong south so hopeing around the area, any recomendations?

tryed calling Peugoplus/europarts for the last couple of day, I got through this morning, however I think the number may have been reallocated, had a confusing conversation with a Indain fellow with the conclusion being that maybe I should fix it....

Codman - if the car stalls approaching corners, stop signs, etc, with your foot off the accelerator pedal, check out the electric sensor in the speedo drive housing at the back of the gearbox. The other common stall culprit is the stepper motor and valve on the throttle bypass.

Ted has retired from Europarts it seems and maybe Fernando has taken it over.
A member suggest this place in Bayswater
John Norder Motors 4/35 Power Rd Bayswater 9720 8731 Contact Steve. (suggested by Keith M)