Mechanic wanted for repair of Peugeot 504 LTI Klugelfischer fuel injection system

Not bad pugrambo for a "bushie"!

One you missed that could catch a few out: Flush the radiator cooling system (LOW pressure only please). Especially check that the thermostatic element (affixed to the side of the pump) is not blocked inside with corrosion and crap (These Ti's are getting a bit old now). This can be done by disconnecting both the hoses at the firewall end and check water runs freely through the element. Do not disconnect hoses at the element end.
Thank you! Again, I will print your suggestion and give to Evan. Every bit of advice helps.

Thanks Everyone!

Took her to Evan's Classic Car Garage in Box Hill and now she runs like a dream. No more horrid petrol fumes, fantastic acceleration. Admittedly I only drove her home to Brunswick, so I'll have to keep you updated, but so far, so good.

Now to fix the constantly breaking speedo cable, but that's another story...

Thanks so much for the recommendation,

Madame P

Thanks Everyone!

Took her to Evan's Classic Car Garage in Box Hill and now she runs like a dream. No more horrid petrol fumes, fantastic acceleration. Admittedly I only drove her home to Brunswick, so I'll have to keep you updated, but so far, so good.

Now to fix the constantly breaking speedo cable, but that's another story...

Thanks so much for the recommendation,

Madame P
I think you have chosen well with Evan. He is a great old-school mechanic, knows Pug's very well, and is very honest.

Ian.

Not many around

Rich running a common fault, sometimes related to air leaks or diaphragm faults. Best to stay out of the innards of the pump unless evry skilled and no other solutions available.

Evan Martin, of Evan's Classic Car Garage in Box Hill North, has a lot of experience with them and is a) honest and b) a thinker. It is not geographically all that good for you, but the important thing is to find the right person and they are thin on the ground.

Best Wishes

Andrew
Hi Andrew and All,
Thought I'd give you an update on the fuel injection repair.
I took my beauty to Evan Martin and he did a fantastic job for a very reasonable price. She has been running like a dream for the last 6 months. He is truly the Kugelfischer master and followed a scientific process to test at each and every step. I thoroughly recommend him for these systems. He's probably one of the last in Melbourne that understands how they work.
Thanks so much for all your advice and assistance,
Madame P

Hi Andrew and All,
Thought I'd give you an update on the fuel injection repair.
I took my beauty to Evan Martin and he did a fantastic job for a very reasonable price. She has been running like a dream for the last 6 months. He is truly the Kugelfischer master and followed a scientific process to test at each and every step. I thoroughly recommend him for these systems. He's probably one of the last in Melbourne that understands how they work.
Thanks so much for all your advice and assistance,
Madame P
No worries - I've used him for years with a variety of exotic beasties and ha shas always approached it with a very sensible, honest approach based on good thinking and basic attention to detail. Anything he has trouble with was going to be trouble for anybody.

Am glad that you are happy with him - a dying breed.

Andrew

I had a Lancia Flavia 1800 sedan first model with KF injection it was a beast.
It would tow a trailer at 100mph, hard to believe it went so well.
Easy to understand why it was used for racing.

Mind you Lancia did not always get everything right.
The temp sender was on the radiator , so if the hose burst you did not get a warning.
Cooked the engine, started to run badly and that was the warning.