Mecaparts

bazzamac

Fellow Frogger
Just wondering if anyone has any issues with Mecaparts responding. Have chased them up via email a couple of times enquiring where parts I ordered and paid for on 13 May might be. Had no response as yet and hope the COVID-19 has not affected their business. Would have thought on line orders would not be adversely affected.

Some suppliers have had notices up, limiting deliveries. And French Post Offices have been shut for ages. However, I know some deliveries have been getting through to Australia (and I just got a book from France in 8 days flat, faster than posting within WA....). No news of Mecaparts I'm afraid - they've always been OK with emails. Strange.

They have been closed up for isolation, and may now be operating with limited staff. As John says Post offices are closed, so only transport out is DHL and Fedex at the moment, I have stuff sitting with Pieces Alpine trying to find cheaper frieght. And they have a huge backlog.

Ray

Deliveries from Germany also slow

When I enquired a couple of weeks ago I was told that shipments not going out for another couple of weeks. Impression was of ban.

THis shouldn’t have affected Mecaparts ability to answer an email though

Andrew

Try an email with short sentences and Google Translate. Short and simple though. Start with "Bonjour" whatever you do - basic courtesy in their eyes. Just a thought.

Yes funny that. In the past I would correspond in English using courteous language of course, but response was always slow. But one day, as my daughter is doing y12 French I asked her to translate a message. Well I was so surprised the promptness of the response and also the very courteous language I received back.
since thenall communications has been in French. What do they say ‘ if you can’t beat them, join them ‘ 😉

There aren't many passenger planes carrying small cargo at the moment.

I've just bought a book in Ireland and it was returned to sender in Dublin because Australia Post has cancelled its Economy Mail service. I'm less than impressed with AP right at the moment. Two weeks to get a parcel posted to Collie, some 200 km south of Perth and 8 days from Paris.....

I've just booked some packages in to from France and Germany to OZ using Parcelabc.com Relatively big packages at 15Kg and 20Kg - not cheap but they are using UPS as courier. They are being picked up on Monday, so I am curious to see how long they will take.

DHL economy stopped all shipments to Australia due to Australian customs issues, but have now resumed shipping, only if you user their premium service.

I have had 2 deliveries of parts for my Integrale from the UK in the past few weeks....both came via DHL and arrived in 5 days.
With Mecaparts I suggest you email Christophe Regnier direct contact@mecaparts.com and attn Christophe....that's the best way I've found to get quick answers from them in the past. Often they won't contact you if parts you want aren't in stock.

Barry I placed an order with Mecaparts on the 29 of May and to my surprise it arrived in the mail today. That's the best service I have ever got from Mecaparts.
Regards
Peter.

Barry I placed an order with Mecaparts on the 29 of May and to my surprise it arrived in the mail today. That's the best service I have ever got from Mecaparts.
Regards
Peter.

Peter,
Did it come via French Post ???

Ray

It is so Random - I am still waiting on a parcel from WA via Auspost, and another small packet from the US - its been weeks and nothing....

Regards
Peter.

Marvellous. My order was placed earlier than yours on 13 May and I still have no delivery nor replies to my emails including the last one in nice polite French. No urgency but it is annoying especially when I am looking to place another more substantial order.
Regards

Barry

It may be that something you ordered was not in stock. Often, these europeans don't get back to you to let you know while they wait for stock to arrive.

Mecaparts usually advise me if a part is out of stock and ask if I want to wait for the missing bit or have them dispatch the order as is, then send the out of stock part in a separate order. In normal times my orders always arrive within 7 to 9 days. These are not normal times. My French is via Mr Google if needed however in my experience, Jerome or Christophe usually reply in English.

I just received some more Lancia parts from the UK....5 days via DHL

I see some are having trouble with A/Post, I posted a mobile phone to my daughter in Tasmania as an urgent replacement to her own which stopped working, it had tracking on it, but went via West Preston to Western Australia,o_O where it remained for some time, lost track of it so thought it had been stolen. Some two weeks later (too late) it finally got to her after her phone was repaired locally. But September 2018 my wife posted a Christmas Parcel to friends in Illinois - it never arrived there according to my mate (small town where everyone knows each other including the post Mistress). Posted at the Brisbane main P.O wrote it off as stolen...Now exchanging motor magazine subscriptions for Christmas.

Sorry for the long story, but the parcel turned up last week on our front doorstep, marked "return to sender" we really don't know if it got to the American Postal system, it had a "Try again notification" hand written on it and the proper name and address plus Post office box # for my mate. So live in hope that "lost" parcels will turn up...eventually... damn expensive in mail costs for a non delivery!!

Hope you get through to get those parts Barry.

Ken