Mecaparts

They get good marks for communication for those who look, I agree. It's even logical in its way. I do struggle with two week delivery time from Perth to Bridgetown and longer from Perth to Melbourne, both recently. I will happily concede that I've never, ever lost a parcel with AP.

Cancelling economy mail from overseas ain't much of a service though.

We're using a certain Shoji door to keep the main part of the house warmer. It remains a thing of beauty and a joy forever! :)

John, I'm blushing now 🙄

Would you beleive I got another second parcel today to pickup from my superfund managers office in South Perth. Who is my mystery admirer?? Emily Rupp from Meccaparts in QLD?

First Parcel.jpg
First Parcel Senders name.jpg
Second Parcel.jpg

Goodness. What is she sending you? Open with facemask?
What I don't get is she knows my name, I have a superfund manager and knows their address. What's the link here?
Can't wait to pickup these parcels. Oh no, just thought, what if they are just pass the parcel? That's just just toying with me...
Hope the Meccaparts chaps are ok! Hard times still ahead

Australia Post have most definitely "Dropped the Baton" this year. And I think something needs to be done. The Government shout they want to help small business, and most small businesses live off of the the ability to get and send through the post, not just in our own country but internationally.

Please start the process by sending a small complaint and story to the Minister of Small Business, Michaelia Cash, senator.cash@aph.gov.au

I have been waiting for parts for a car to come from Europe, 8 weeks later I get a email saying my parcel was returned to the sender in Belgium. I had to have it sent via DHL (via San Diego). Another parcel from the USA took 2 weeks to get to Melbourne, and 5 weeks to Perth. Not good enough.

Ray

Ray

That is strange. Why did you have to go through San Diego?! The largest DHL sorting centre is in Germany and serves the entire world. It almost smacks of xenophobia but wouldn't surprise me. Auspost is not accepting certain types of parcels from DHL/Deutsche Post from Europe, I know that. Is it however accepting these services from the US?

I also suspect there are some WA specific problems, because most of our post from overseas arrives in the eastern states (NSW and VIC) and from there I think we depend on the good will of strangers.

Schiltsy,
It went via San Diego as Asia was closed completely at the time of the VIRUS ......

That is strange. Why did you have to go through San Diego?! The largest DHL sorting centre is in Germany and serves the entire world. It almost smacks of xenophobia but wouldn't surprise me. Auspost is not accepting certain types of parcels from DHL/Deutsche Post from Europe, I know that. Is it however accepting these services from the US?

I also suspect there are some WA specific problems, because most of our post from overseas arrives in the eastern states (NSW and VIC) and from there I think we depend on the good will of strangers.
Economy post from the east coast has been slow for years. About 5-6 years ago a parcel from the South Island (Tassie) took three weeks....

That is unacceptable, but I am sure Auspost has some excuse.

I do remember some 25 years ago economy post from WA to SA took one day.
I could forgive 3-5 days to allow sorting, delivery and the truck ride, but longer is just poor.

Parcels from Europe do not pass through Asia, at least not with DHL. They come directly from Frankfurt to Aus.
Perhaps, but there are no direct flights from Europe to Australia that I know off, they make a stop either in the middle east or europe which could pose a problem at the moment

Perhaps, but there are no direct flights from Europe to Australia that I know off, they make a stop either in the middle east or europe which could pose a problem at the moment
Except that short period of Perth-London in a Dreamliner, to be pedantic. Be interesting to see whether it returns and whether others emerge as the aircraft has the range. We tried it btw. Beats stopping somewhere but a bit long.

DHL fly their own cargo planes.

It may be true that there isn't one to come here directly and the ones that do stop in Singapore but I don't think Changi has been closed.

Except that short period of Perth-London in a Dreamliner, to be pedantic. Be interesting to see whether it returns and whether others emerge as the aircraft has the range. We tried it btw. Beats stopping somewhere but a bit long.

I like stopping along the way, stroll around have a decent meal, a smoko and maybe a beer. Changi and Zurich are my favourites.

Sorry, nothing to do with mecca parts but.....Picked up the mysterious packages. Geez there are some nutters out there. But the mystery is how does this person know my name and my Super manager?
A used kitchen grinder of some sort and womens undies for who suffer from leakage???????????????? Crack head!
Picked up pakages.jpg
Kitchen grinder used.jpg
Womens undies.jpg