Mecaparts

I see some are having trouble with A/Post, I posted a mobile phone to my daughter in Tasmania as an urgent replacement to her own which stopped working, it had tracking on it, but went via West Preston to Western Australia,o_O where it remained for some time, lost track of it so thought it had been stolen. Some two weeks later (too late) it finally got to her after her phone was repaired locally. But September 2018 my wife posted a Christmas Parcel to friends in Illinois - it never arrived there according to my mate (small town where everyone knows each other including the post Mistress). Posted at the Brisbane main P.O wrote it off as stolen...Now exchanging motor magazine subscriptions for Christmas.

Sorry for the long story, but the parcel turned up last week on our front doorstep, marked "return to sender" we really don't know if it got to the American Postal system, it had a "Try again notification" hand written on it and the proper name and address plus Post office box # for my mate. So live in hope that "lost" parcels will turn up...eventually... damn expensive in mail costs for a non delivery!!

Hope you get through to get those parts Barry.

Ken

Thanks Ken. If the part was not in stock, you would think they would email you to say so. I know I could have got it elsewhere. No excuse for no email replies at the very least unless Mecaparts are completely out of action due COVID-19 or for some other reason.

In my experience Mecaparts do not email you to advise parts not in stock....in the past I have had to rattle their cage. But if parts are in stock, they are very quick...

Thanks Ken. If the part was not in stock, you would think they would email you to say so. I know I could have got it elsewhere. No excuse for no email replies at the very least unless Mecaparts are completely out of action due COVID-19 or for some other reason.

In my experience Mecaparts do not email you to advise parts not in stock....in the past I have had to rattle their cage. But if parts are in stock, they are very quick...
I have found in the past that they will always respond to an email. Out of stock items usually appear as such in the paperwork before the order is shipped. It is important to check all the items which is a bit tricky as it is all written in French. Sometimes I don''t notice it until the order arrives and something is missing. When I have sent an email when a part is shown as out of stock, I always get a response when they ask if I want to wait for the missing bit or have them dispatch the order as is. They then always send an email when they have stock and ask if I need it immediately or to wait for the next order. As I said before, these are not normal times for any business.

Last edited:
Wow - parcel arrived today from Mecaparts. Over 40 days since I placed my order. Hope they are quicker with my next order.

I had a package of motorcycle parts from Ukraine arrive 10 months after it had been sent. I had paid for air mail, but got surface mail instead. Must have fallen off a conveyer somewhere. I was so sure the company had simply not sent it. Was a $600 package. I then bought the same parts from another supplier, so I now have two cranks and various other parts.

I had a package of motorcycle parts from Ukraine arrive 10 months after it had been sent. I had paid for air mail, but got surface mail instead. Must have fallen off a conveyer somewhere. I was so sure the company had simply not sent it. Was a $600 package. I then bought the same parts from another supplier, so I now have two cranks and various other parts.
I just had a parcel take over two weeks to get to an R8 man 250 km south of Perth, so I guess the velocity of the two parcels might have been the same. Bad luck Alan. At least it arrived I guess...

At the other end of the scale, I've just had an overnight delivery from Adelaide, correct size master cylinder seals from the incomparably good Power Brakes folk.

Parts from Renault 12 shop I bought last year, never arrived. Luckily, it was only a small order in terms of $. Marlene said, would I like priority or standard? I chose standard as priority was worth more than the parts. :confused:

The Australia Post site says they aren't accepting overseas economy mail - I had a book I bought in Dublin returned to sender, to the bookshop's confusion.

Check the date stamps on the parcel. You might find where the delay happened. My money sez it was in Australia.

Parcel only shows date it left Mecaparts 13 May so delay must have been between Mecaparts and my address somewhere. Cannot tell without more date info. I still have faith in Mecaparts as I have ordered more parts yesterday so will see how they go.

Australia Post is completely useless IMO....they had a golden opportunity to ramp up business and make a real name for themselves in these COVID times, but they absolutely f***ed up their chance. Methinks a big broom sweep out is required in their corporate area

I just had my superfund guys in South Perth ring me about an a4 soft package they received that has my name on it from a Emily Rupp from Beachmere, Qld. ???o_O I don't know a Emily Rupp and I'm not expecting any package currently.

Well, one package did arrive from BCF today via Startrack and it's a porta potti for the caravan we bought in Feb. Would love to try it out soon :LOL:

I just had my superfund guys in South Perth ring me about an a4 soft package they received that has my name on it from a Emily Rupp from Beachmere, Qld. ???o_O I don't know a Emily Rupp and I'm not expecting any package currently.

Well, one package did arrive from BCF today via Startrack and it's a porta potti for the caravan we bought in Feb. Would love to try it out soon :LOL:
When you need to John... :) No suggestions about the parcel! I don't know anyone of that name in RCCQ but who knows...

Parcel only shows date it left Mecaparts 13 May so delay must have been between Mecaparts and my address somewhere. Cannot tell without more date info. I still have faith in Mecaparts as I have ordered more parts yesterday so will see how they go.
I'm with Mr Schlitz. Standard postage to WA is unbelievably slow from the east coast. I think they use hitchhikers to get the mail over here.

When you need to John... :) No suggestions about the parcel! I don't know anyone of that name in RCCQ but who knows...
Emily Rupp is not a familiar name. She's not on the current RCCQ membership list nor on a number of older lists which I checked.

No tracking? Should be able to see events online.

Most parcels we receive from overseas have tracking locally and show rather quick movement. Once in Australia, it's all blank for weeks on end that is how I realised what was going on. I have had parcels from Europe leave Europe in two days and take another three weeks to make their way here.

Auspost has chosen to not expand and take advantage of the times but rather to reduce the volume they accept. We are still not accepting certain services from DHL as far as I know because of that and I know Germany is affected for sure, most likely other countries as well. Lame.

8 weeks to get my 123 Ignition from Holland.... Last year it would have been 8 days.

Yeah, "adapting" to the challenge in their terms means slower, crappier service, refusal to accept certain jobs.

Meanwhile courier services seem to thrive. How did they do it, I wonder.

Their explanation...
They get good marks for communication for those who look, I agree. It's even logical in its way. I do struggle with two week delivery time from Perth to Bridgetown and longer from Perth to Melbourne, both recently. I will happily concede that I've never, ever lost a parcel with AP.

Cancelling economy mail from overseas ain't much of a service though.

We're using a certain Shoji door to keep the main part of the house warmer. It remains a thing of beauty and a joy forever! :)