Mayday

Robot Warrior

Tadpole
Hello all
I have taken my, what I considered to be, my very reliable id19 for a trip to Canberra from Brisbane. On my return I have sprung a nasty leak from a crack in the housing of the pressure regulator. Is there anybody from the Sydney region who can accommodate me with another one? This would be greatly appreciated. I have a number of them at home so I could replace. I am carrying a number of original spheres and height correctors for a swap on top of replacement of the regulator or am just happy to buy.
Thanks
Jason

I am on the Central Coast at Woy Woy , I think I have on somewhere , is your car LHM or the early LHS fluid . call me on 0414 223 817

The early aluminium pressure regulator housings are known to crack. A more modern steel-bodied replacement is a good idea. In the short term, even an LHM pressure regulator will get you home. You can then replace the seals with EPDM ones at your leisure.

Roger

The early aluminium pressure regulator housings are known to crack. A more modern steel-bodied replacement is a good idea. In the short term, even an LHM pressure regulator will get you home. You can then replace the seals with EPDM ones at your leisure.

Roger
yes, I don't suggest fitting a regulator from someones spare parts stash. They corrode while sittiing as they are full of brake fluid. It seems to me the best place to leave brake fluid hydraulic parts in on a parts car ... without being dismantled until its used.