Matra Bonnet D-Jet for sale

Frans

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Interesting to see the price. I don't know if it is a good price or not. A fair amount of work needs to be done to get it back to standard, that is to say if you want it standard. A complete new dash would be required, Front grille is gone, the radiator expansion bottle is missing, and it looks like the air cleaner is missing as well.

I think it is a good base to start off with.

Frans.

4cvgordini

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Next item down was a Mini-Moke for the same price. I own a Djet (mildly modified) & a Moke (mildly modified). I would definitely get the former even it abit of remedial fettling is in order. Club Djet is, incidentally, a wonderful resource of bits & expertise for that remedial task.

Armidillo

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Is the seller hinting in the comments that it currently does not have a Gordini motor? I don't know my Renault motors well enough to tell from photos...

Frans

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
That is definitely a Gordini motor. The Djet 5 S was powered by a 1108 Gordini engine with Solex carbs. This one seems to have Dellortis.
The Djet 5 was powered by a 1300 wedge.

4cvgordini

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
That is definitely a Gordini motor. The Djet 5 S was powered by a 1108 Gordini engine with Solex carbs. This one seems to have Dellortis.
The Djet 5 was powered by a 1300 wedge.
Djet V (& 5) had a 1108 wedge tickled by Gordini to yield 70 bhp (not 50, so a worthwhile 40% increase).

Aln

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Asking price is lower than the few others for sale over Europe, although the other cars are mostly better presented. They are generally between 33-40k EURO. Though these few cars have been advertised for some months. A niche market indeed, but inexpensive compared to A110s of the same period.