many Renaults and parts *STOLEN*, Epping VIC :(

Thankyou Jon, I appreciate yours and other AF members interest.

I'll send you a message over lunch, thanks.

I had been reserved about going nuclear on advertising the theft on social media etc as not to complicate any pending investigation, but the lack of action has been causing me cumulative distress.

Being interstate and overworked doesn't really help things either.

I'm not sure what arrangements the police have to store such things if they were recovered, I no longer have storage so its another problem I'd be happy to have.

Thankyou Jon, I appreciate yours and other AF members interest.

I'll send you a message over lunch, thanks.

I had been reserved about going nuclear on advertising the theft on social media etc as not to complicate any pending investigation, but the lack of action has been causing me cumulative distress.

Being interstate and overworked doesn't really help things either.

I'm not sure what arrangements the police have to store such things if they were recovered, I no longer have storage so its another problem I'd be happy to have.
Vivid, your distress will be relieved by getting some legal advice and input from Jonf. Embarking on your own strategy without good advice will result in more distress and very likely a poor outcome. I have no knowledge of jonf however he would appear to have the skills, knowledge and potential media connection you need.

Any joy or at least activity by plod Vivid?

I’m down in town spending a few days running errands - can visit any of the wreckers involved if that helps?

Thanks Haakon, yes that would help.

If not just a fact finding mission.
I might be interested in buying some of my things back if I have good enough photos to identify them already.

I didn't really make a habit of taking photos of everything, but took photos when I was moving things.

Very little to no activity from vic police despite adding more information and asking what the progress is even in reporting the VINs to vicroads as stolen. To date none are listed as stolen and I was last told by VicRoads that is was 'regular for police to place stolen vehicle details'. In vague terms they wouldn't allow me to report my cars stolen.

I haven't called Epping police station in weeks as I was getting no-where but I will call the OIC at Epping PO tomorrow morning and try and get some answers now their covid duties are less of an excuse.

Obvously the loss of the cars is absolutely shattering. my hunt had stopped, and many those cars represented many other wrecked vehicles and years of effort.

I think the parts I'm really hurting for besides the 16 bits are the dauphine and R10/R8 parts.
I had atleast 4 sets of dauphine panels and doors all rust free, and a bunch of 750 doors which are unobtanium.

I'm just waiting for my pay to come through to book a boat ticket to try and get to VIC and back in a few days, if not before Christmas early January.

I might be interested in buying some of my things back if I have good enough photos to identify them already.

I didn't really make a habit of taking photos of everything, but took photos when I was moving things.

Very little to no activity from vic police despite adding more information and asking what the progress is even in reporting the VINs to vicroads as stolen. To date none are listed as stolen and I was last told by VicRoads that is was 'regular for police to place stolen vehicle details'. In vague terms they wouldn't allow me to report my cars stolen.

I haven't called Epping police station in weeks as I was getting no-where but I will call the OIC at Epping PO tomorrow morning and try and get some answers now their covid duties are less of an excuse.

Obvously the loss of the cars is absolutely shattering. my hunt had stopped, and many those cars represented many other wrecked vehicles and years of effort.

I think the parts I'm really hurting for besides the 16 bits are the dauphine and R10/R8 parts.
I had atleast 4 sets of dauphine panels and doors all rust free, and a bunch of 750 doors which are unobtanium.

I'm just waiting for my pay to come through to book a boat ticket to try and get to VIC and back in a few days, if not before Christmas early January.
You’ve got my email, send me some details of what you want done. I’m in town this coming weekend and possibly Monday.

If

If you are in immediate need of 750 doors I have some

Good luck in the search

Andrew

If

If you are in immediate need of 750 doors I have some

Good luck in the search

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, really really generous of you.

However both (x2) 1952 750s disappeared with the lot.

I do still have a Dauphine with R10 running gear, but no parts either R10,
or Dauphine anymore to support it in spares.

And it sure does need it, far from the best Dauphine.

Last edited:
1969 R10 & R16TS

Well, its getting onto a year now, and I've just watched another one of my cars (R10) on-sold from the wreckers to another enthusiast.

No progress, lots of stuffing around with the police, and no correspondence back.
Turns out said constable is on leave, and has left the station, and is why I've not been able to make contact with her.

I'm so distressed, fed up, sad, angry, gutted.. my mental health has been suffering, all of the above.

I'm now waiting for the police to get back to me (again) to see if any case number even exists.

In the meantime, I'm somewhat helpless. Should I be calling the wrecker myself? I'd imagine the 2 cars (R16s) still sitting there are bound for the crusher, and to my knowledge the police haven't made a call or reported any of the VINs I've provided to vicroads as stolen.

I don't know if anyone else has had this experience before, but I'm at a loss what to do besides wait.

The Burgundy R16 (as far as I know) is still at the wreckers, with my other late model 16 and I want them back bad! :(
I still have the keys for all these cars, tho some were stored with copys in the ignition.

I'll attach more photos in case someone see's or knows something.

David.

Screenshot 2022-02-17 172524.png
IMG_0288_R10_R16.jpg
100_9276.JPG
100_9264_sm.JPG
100_9265_sm.JPG
100_9270.JPG

A government sponsored legal service will at least help you write one. You do need to act to compel the wreckers to understand that they are selling stolen property. They won't want to be a part of that.

A government sponsored legal service will at least help you write one. You do need to act to compel the wreckers to understand that they are selling stolen property. They won't want to be a part of that.
moreso I want them to investigate who sold them to the wreckers, as the seller is the link to the containers, which are worth not a trivial amount of money. And then who they sold them to.

I think you should just walk into the wrecker with a witness, preferably a lawyer, and say hey, this is my car, stolen such and such with some proof of it. That will at least trigger one of two possible events. The wrecker may listen to you or they will try to clear the cars out of there. In which case you may have grounds to notify public prosecution. This second option may be more likely because they have already sold stolen goods, which makes them already part of the theft.

If the wrecker is helpful, inaction from the police will become irrelevant.

Either way, I think the police will do nothing as long as you are trying to do things remotely.

Trick is to find a lawyer willing to help you. If you do, they may actually be able to advise better as to what course of action is best.