many Renaults and parts *STOLEN*, Epping VIC :(

If also stolen, He would have reappeared after 3 days.
And if he did, we’d know the exact date of the theft… just count 3 days back from the messiah’s second coming!
He’s just a very naughty boy!

It would be tragic if all those rare parts were destined for metal recycling. In some way I hope they are for sale somewhere…which gives us more chance of finding also.

could be someone just wanting a couple containers to build a shack on there bush block ,they are in for a big surprise when they open them ,im impressed by the response over 100 now, its great to see ,be interested to know what the previous tenant did for a living ,he must have known what was in them .PUGS

some other things to look out for, some pretty rare.
Unfortunately I only have engine numbers for a couple of these engines.

Renault parts:

x2 R25 engines
x2 Fuego engines
x4 R16 engines
x3 R17TL engines
x1 R12 engine
x2 R10 engines

LOTS of R16 front wings and bonnets, wishbones and all small parts TS TL TA
x4 R16 full sets tail lights trim etc.
x4 early aluminium trim
x6 R16 headlights, x1 kangaroo lights.
x8 R16 rear bench seat sets.
x4 R16 front seats.
x10 R16 CV shafts
x5 sets of trim

R16TX trim and parts (metallic green):
x4 doors, hatch, bonnet, spoiler, interior trim dash etc.

x1 Floride hard top.
x2 Caravelle dash

x8 Dauphine doors,
x5 Dauphine bonnets,
x8 Dauphine rear wings
x10 Dauphine front wings

x8 R10 doors, trim and lenses.

x2 R25 bonnets, (one gold, one silver)
x2 R25 dash / loom & computer (one brown, one blue)
x8 R25 doors.

x2 Fuego bonnets (one with a hump, white painted over gold)
x8 Fuego doors (red and white)
x4 Fuego front wings (red & white)

Fuego glass, dash, loom and interior / switches.
R8, R10, Dauphine / Caravelle glass.

R8, R10, R16, 4CV steel rims, and R16 'spider' rims and R10 wide (welded R16 rims)
x4 sets Fuego alloys.
x1 set R25 alloys.

Forgot a few fairly distinguishable things...

Gearboxes:
x3 Fuego 5 speed
x2 R10 4 speed
x1 4CV 3 speed
x6 R16 4 speed
x1 R25 4 speed
x4 R17 4 speed

R17 interior trim, CVs, lenses, headlights, radiators & dash switches etc.. x4 bumpers front / rear.
R16, dauphine, R10 bumpers.
4CV dash (early 1952 mint) and steering wheel.

Glad to say I stil have my R16TX 5 speed, just less to put it in!

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've been agonizing about posting on here, but I've decided I really have to in-case someone in VIC (or interstate?) has seen anything.

I've had 2 40 foot shipping containers and 11 cars, various tools, engines, panels and parts etc... all stolen from a property in Epping.

I was alerted to them being missing on the 1st of July, they may have been removed earlier, but I don't think much before.

x2 Dauphines (pink red one, and a yellow one)
x2 R10 (burgundy red, and white)
x2 R8 (both white)
x3 R16 (x1 burgundy early french built TS, x1 early 16 white, and a late model white R16)
x1 4CV (white with rusty patina)
x1 Fuego GTX (red)

Containers are both 40 foot high cubes, one is yellow, the other a terracotta red.

I've called around wreckers and some side load companies but there are lots of places out there, it seems a bit futile.

If anyone has any info can you either PM me, or contact Epping Police station.

The containers would have either been moving North or South via Epping road.

I'd like to put off posting on social media until the police have conducted initial investigations, as not to drive said thieves underground.

Thankyou,

David.
So sorry to hear that. What a bugger of a thing to happen.

Hard to imagine any of "us" would do it, let alone have somewhere to put 2 containers that size! But seriously, who'd be that interested in a bunch of old Renaults. Very odd.

There'll be quite a few people keeping an eye on Gumtree and the like I imagine.

Someone will have something on a camera, dash cam/security cam etc but how to find it eh.

Double bugger.

Good luck from here.

I'd prefer to keep it here for now if that's ok.
what websites did you have in mind?

I'll be calling the Epping police station first thing in the morning to 'persuade' them to open an investigation.
I have had some assistance from a awesome aussiefrogger who tried to make a statement on Monday.

Initially the police were refusing to even take a statement from me from TAS.
Let me know when, and I can send a message out to the national 4CV community. We cover the RERs too - R8s for sale usually attract attention!

Thanks John, my biggest fear is they have been crushed as they are stolen. But who knows, fingers crossed.
Containers have doubled in value since I bought them and scrap metal prices are high too.

I think if you have old rego papers or even if you only remember the license plate of the cars you might be able to trace down engine and chassis numbers. Just a thought.

Containers have doubled in value since I bought them and scrap metal prices are high too.
I had just been thinking about scrap metal prices. I came back here to say that I couldn’t understand why anyone would have stolen the cars etc just to scrap them.

Obviously something has changed in the big smoke compared to rural areas. Scrap is worth next to nothing around here. I don’t have a lot of it, but the people I know who do have lots are keeping it, still, waiting for the price to go up. Unless they don’t have any space left to store their scrap.

One mechanic I spoke to about 10 days ago said that he had someone come to take his old batteries. The price was terrible, he told me, and the buyer wanted the mechanic to do all of the loading onto the truck.

“I’m not going to stop working and do the loading for that low price!” is what he told the buyer.

But I have heard that the price of containers has just about doubled in the past two years.

Cheers,
Andrew

I had just been thinking about scrap metal prices. I came back here to say that I couldn’t understand why anyone would have stolen the cars etc just to scrap them.

Obviously something has changed in the big smoke compared to rural areas. Scrap is worth next to nothing around here. I don’t have a lot of it, but the people I know who do have lots are keeping it, still, waiting for the price to go up. Unless they don’t have any space left to store their scrap.

One mechanic I spoke to about 10 days ago said that he had someone come to take his old batteries. The price was terrible, he told me, and the buyer wanted the mechanic to do all of the loading onto the truck.

“I’m not going to stop working and do the loading for that low price!” is what he told the buyer.

But I have heard that the price of containers has just about doubled in the past two years.

Cheers,
Andrew

I've circulated this around a few scrap yards in the area. (edit pulled this down at the request of the police to amend details)

Last edited:
yeah I reckon Andrews got a point, unless the theives are completely dumb the vehicles are worth much more than scrap value, so here's hoping their greed gets the better of them and at least one vehicle surfaces for sale soon. on the other hand they may be sitting on them and hoping the search for them will go away.... we can only hope they are still out there intact..... jim

post 45and post 60 (with blue prime mover) both appear to have a vehicle still in shed behind blue tarp, r16?r/f guard area? jim
hmm, I can't even see in that shed if I squint. I tried a bit of gamma too but couldn't make anything out.
there may have still been a 16 in there, a white one.. I had 2 of them in the container, the 3rd would have still been in there.
Fuego, 4CV, R16, R8 were in there at some point.

That area once had some heavy duty thugs with the capacity to make anything disappear. I doubt if it is better. Let's hope it's a theft by amateurs. The scrap trade has some characters as dodgy as their yards.

yeah lower left corner of shed doorway within the triangle made by piece of steel leaning at gate appears to be r/f white guard of r16 ...jim
I wouldn't rely on it in court, but quite possible its a 16 still there. I did try looking around the back in streetview but I can't see anything conclusive.

David, did you really mean to put the time frame of "Late May - early April' in the heading (& later in the text) of your notice to the scrap yards?

David, did you really mean to put the time frame of "Late May - early April' in the heading (& later in the text) of your notice to the scrap yards?
you're right it's likely to be March / April :(

That's ok the main thing I wanted to get out there was some photos.
I'll be trying to follow up on these scrappies tomorrow, hopefully the police can start calling around tomorrow too.