many Renaults and parts *STOLEN*, Epping VIC :(

looks pretty coincidental to me if its not them.
or maybe wishful thinking

Attachments

• NEARMA~1.jpg
    NEARMA~1.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 191
Really sorry to hear this, must be devastating. Given how public that spot seems to be, someone must have seen something. To haul away two shipping containers is not exactly pickpocketing. That servo is presumably 24h so even at night there would be someone around. It's a shame that the police aren't better resourced to pursue this kind of thing better. Very hard to investigate yourself from a distance. I hate to say it, but time is ticking away. I'd be getting onto a plane now, if the lockdowns are not affecting you. Or there must be someone willing to investigate for you - sure they are not cheap, but a private investigator maybe? I'd help if I was local.

There is a house on the property with Tenants?
looks pretty coincidental to me if its not them.
or maybe wishful thinking
That is interesting, if you use nearmap for that location and change the dates do they suddenly appear at the correct month?

There is a house on the property with Tenants?

That is interesting, if you use nearmap for that location and change the dates do they suddenly appear at the correct month?
Yup sorry a bit slow.. no they are there when mine are there so it was coincidence and wishful thinking.
The company I work for doesn't sign up to the AI tools that could try and search for them.

That's unlucky as it was a bit coincidental that the two correct colours were side by side. However the fact that the google image still showed the Yellow container there while the other two appear together and geographically its close enough that I would expect they are both the same capture date.

yes its a very old map on google I shared, before I had bought the second container.

Yeah, nearmap is really the best way to be sure of dates. Streetview is somewhat useful when you are interested in the front yard, not very helpful in industrial estates.

Next time you buy a container make sure you spray paint your name on the roof!

So sorry to learn about the theft. I'm in Melbourne should you need any on ground help e.g. asking/enquiring or taking photos i'd be ale to do that.

That pair looks a bit bent. Using the desktop browser version again, so maybe old, a little further east and you see this:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...0:0x0!8m2!3d-37.6518476!4d144.933895?hl=en-AU
yellow and red outside a tyre place and further east a pair of yellows in one yard and a red one in the next.

The Wollert BP / McDonalds drive thru is opposite your gate and they'd likely have coverage there. Is it likely someone regularly going through that just noticed how little activity there was and took the opportunity?

That pair looks a bit bent. Using the desktop browser version again, so maybe old, a little further east and you see this:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...0:0x0!8m2!3d-37.6518476!4d144.933895?hl=en-AU
yellow and red outside a tyre place and further east a pair of yellows in one yard and a red one in the next.

The Wollert BP / McDonalds drive thru is opposite your gate and they'd likely have coverage there. Is it likely someone regularly going through that just noticed how little activity there was and took the opportunity?
yes those google images are a bit old...

I wasn't told that people had moved out in the last few months, I'd have been more concerned than I already was, but atleast had people to call that were there.

Without detracting from the seriousness of what happened, there is a way to get some police focus on this.

Tell them that they do not need to investigate any more, as you have found out who it was, and you have a bit of a gun, so it is sorted. All of a sudden they will be investigating.

That's an idea, maybe hire a private investigator? They would be local and could move and poke around a bit and perhaps when you have something you can take to the police (I found my containers here or something like that) do that.

I did contact a private investigator this morning. His words were, “oh ok not our sort of thing”

‘Reporting officer’ isn’t back until Monday (knew that)
‘You’ll need to call back then’

arggggh.