many Renaults and parts *STOLEN*, Epping VIC :(

vivid

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Hi guys, I've been agonizing about posting on here, but I've decided I really have to in-case someone in VIC (or interstate?) has seen anything.

I've had 2 40 foot shipping containers and 11 cars, various tools, engines, panels and parts etc... all stolen from a property in Epping.

I was alerted to them being missing on the 1st of July, they may have been removed earlier, but I don't think much before.

x2 Dauphines (pink red one, and a yellow one)
x2 R10 (burgundy red, and white)
x2 R8 (both white)
x3 R16 (x1 burgundy early french built TS, x1 early 16 white, and a late model white R16)
x1 4CV (white with rusty patina)
x1 Fuego GTX (red)

Containers are both 40 foot high cubes, one is yellow, the other a terracotta red.

I've called around wreckers and some side load companies but there are lots of places out there, it seems a bit futile.

If anyone has any info can you either PM me, or contact Epping Police station.

The containers would have either been moving North or South via Epping road.

I'd like to put off posting on social media until the police have conducted initial investigations, as not to drive said thieves underground.

Thankyou,

David.

Hi guys, I've been agonizing about posting on here, but I've decided I really have to in-case someone in VIC (or interstate?) has seen anything.

I've had 2 40 foot shipping containers and 11 cars, various tools, engines, panels and parts etc... all stolen from a property in Epping.

I was alerted to them being missing on the 1st of July, they may have been removed earlier, but I don't think much before.

x2 Dauphines (pink red one, and a yellow one)
x2 R10 (burgundy red, and white)
x2 R8 (both white)
x3 R16 (x1 burgundy early TS, x1 early 16 white, and a late model white R16)
x1 4CV (white with rusty patina)
x1 Fuego GTX (red)

Containers are both 40 foot high cubes, one is yellow, the other a terracotta red.

I've called around wreckers and some side load companies but there are lots of places out there, it seems a bit futile.

If anyone has any info can you either PM me, or contact Epping Police station.

The containers would have either been moving North or South via Epping road.

I'd like to put off posting on social media until the police have conducted initial investigations, as not to drive said thieves underground.

Thankyou,

David.
OMG David, That's terrible. Geez. I hope for a good outcome for you!

Thanks, I'm pretty gutted.. its a lot of money and time invested.

I figured I could get a bit of moral support in here for those who understand.
I haven't slept in a week, and tbh the police's performance has been pretty poor, I may have to fly to VIC and not leave the station.

Jesus…. Call every wrecker and metal recycling place you can possibly find - they’ll have been stolen for the scrap value I fear.

Fuck.

at the very least I'd like the police to mark them stolen, but I fear its too late if they went to a wreckers.
I have called quite a few wreckers and scrap metal places over the week but only some have been helpful.
there are so many :(

Shocking news. I've got ebay and gumtree alerts for old Renaults and parts, if anything turns up you'll be second to know. Hoping it hasn't all gone to a wrecker. The Renault community is pretty tight, hopefully we can come together for this one.

Fuck.

They would be worth money shipped back to Europe, there people are paying well for solid classics. Not worth anything here as a car though. You’d almost be able to wear it if at least the cars survive and get restored!

Double fuck. Getting stuff stolen is such a personal kick in the guts… You just feel violated. My sincere condolences mate.

How many Melbourne peeps feel like dropping past some scrap metal merchants? Attitude to the question in person would say a lot….

How many Melbourne peeps feel like dropping past some scrap metal merchants? Attitude to the question in person would say a lot….

I'd be more than happy to pay a reward for any leads.
The specialized side loaders required to move those 40 foot containers, I'm hoping they called a legit business to move them.
otherwise its going to be very hard to find them, although the containers are worth 5k each I'd rather the cars.

Can I post on other websites?
I'd prefer to keep it here for now if that's ok.
what websites did you have in mind?

I'll be calling the Epping police station first thing in the morning to 'persuade' them to open an investigation.
I have had some assistance from a awesome aussiefrogger who tried to make a statement on Monday.

Initially the police were refusing to even take a statement from me from TAS.

Very sorry to read this vivid. A long shot, but is there any chance the local council had them removed for some reason? If you don't own the site, you may not have been aware of any letters they sent to the owner or their inaction.
Otherwise, can nearby property owners be prevailed upon to check their security camera for containers and cars moving along the street? There would be some local person who would have seen some activity.

here are some of the containers.
don't think I have a more side on of #2

Attachments

• Image_20210706_101735.jpg
    Image_20210706_101735.jpg
    665.1 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0288_R10_R16.jpg
    IMG_0288_R10_R16.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 263
  • Image_20210706_092922.jpg
    Image_20210706_092922.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Very sorry to read this vivid. A long shot, but is there any chance the local council had them removed for some reason? If you don't own the site, you may not have been aware of any letters they sent to the owner or their inaction.
Otherwise, can nearby property owners be prevailed upon to check their security camera for containers and cars moving along the street? There would be some local person who would have seen some activity.
Yes I was hoping this.. The council said it was nothing to do with them.

Hoping the police will do their job, I'm in Tasmania so very limited to what I can do from here without flying over.