many Renaults and parts *STOLEN*, Epping VIC :(

(non serious suggestion)

Why don't you say you were using the cars to store heroin? Say you stored them in the sills, welded it all in in place and now you are being threated by *insert local bikies* because you can't deliver.

What's the penalty for misleading police? less then buying all your cars back?

*not offering legal advice

#edit.

Oh turns out it's 120 penalty unites (what ever that is) or a yrs in prison... Perhaps not worth the price of buying them back. Blast!

I got home one evening to find a guy who's last crack pipe was possibly one too many. I called the local cop shop, not on 000, to request some help, he needed it. He asked for help, I got him a cup of water, and was firm, verging on the disrespectful when the station suggested to me that I take the guy myself to ER. Or wait an hour for help. Being not under 0.05 at the time I suggested they look after their tax paying citizens better. About 10 minutes later a van arrived, with a senior cop, and one on the second week out of the academy.
Hope that guy got some help. Had he have touched my Renaults.........

(non serious suggestion)

Why don't you say you were using the cars to store heroin? Say you stored them in the sills, welded it all in in place and now you are being threated by *insert local bikies* because you can't deliver.

What's the penalty for misleading police? less then buying all your cars back?

*not offering legal advice

#edit.

Oh turns out it's 120 penalty unites (what ever that is) or a yrs in prison... Perhaps not worth the price of buying them back. Blast!
I did suggest calling and telling VicPol that you saw people not wearing masks outside. About all that they were interested in for months.

53C2C7D1-1234-444B-B85C-64C2F913A272.png

Progress!!

Thanks, yea and the glaciers are mostly melted!
I should mention, ( and thanks to Angru helping ) I purchased my own stolen 69 R16TS back from the wreckers as it was something within my control.

I couldn't watch another change hands into oblivion like all the others.
1 late R16TS still remains, missing some bits. I don't have the money or inclination to pay $850 for also.

Bitter pill to swallow, but it was never about the money, although its the biggest financial loss I hope I ever have.

I now have little to lose to demand my last stolen car back, except finding storage now I have no containers or place to put them

Absolutely unacceptable that you should have to buy back your own goods from the firm that has fenced them. Thieves live off the bureaucratic insistence of Victoria Police for serial numbers/ VINS as the only proof of ownership. And the willingness of secondhand dealers to turn a blind eye to the obvious. I'm sure you could have described every scratch and the little details only an owner would know to prove ownership. Cash Convertors knowingly fences tools stolen from tradies and hides behind their requirement for a serial number. Even if it has the owners name engraved on it. An obvious druggie can front up at Cash Convertors with an expensive piece of kit he doesn't even know the name of and if he's got a valid ID that's ok.
No progress on the containers?

yea I gave them the VINs but I had a hard disk crash and lost others.

As Russel said I know every scratch, and besides photos over time, and a digital trail of texts and email's etc, I dug up receipts for almost all said cars now.

no news on the containers, I wasnt expecting those to be found :(

I see the police want you to provide vin,no,s for all vehicles so they can list them as stolen.bloody hell you told them over twelve months ago they were stolen and I think you said you had some vin no,s then,doesn’t,t say that they will act on stolen vehicle recovery just report them as stolen.I guess your right in saying if you have vin no for remaining white late ts then you can tell mr plod exactly where it is and see if that makes their job too difficult still.next step cattle prod to cop quoit….jim

I see the police want you to provide vin,no,s for all vehicles so they can list them as stolen.bloody hell you told them over twelve months ago they were stolen and I think you said you had some vin no,s then,doesn’t,t say that they will act on stolen vehicle recovery just report them as stolen.I guess your right in saying if you have vin no for remaining white late ts then you can tell mr plod exactly where it is and see if that makes their job too difficult still.next step cattle prod to cop quoit….jim
Well not the VIN for that one but got an old rego and previous owner remembers the sale ( member here )

I do hope that is enough then to get some action in recovery of that one at least David.let’s hope there are eyes around Ballarat area for any old Renault’s popping out of the woodwork,whether it be in local car clubs or just on the road.I have a brother in law out of Ballarat who is a car club member(local club)and works for transport company driving tilt tray who is keeping eyes and ears open,lets hope there are more around doing the same…jim

I do hope that is enough then to get some action in recovery of that one at least David.let’s hope there are eyes around Ballarat area for any old Renault’s popping out of the woodwork,whether it be in local car clubs or just on the road.I have a brother in law out of Ballarat who is a car club member(local club)and works for transport company driving tilt tray who is keeping eyes and ears open,lets hope there are more around doing the same…jim
Appreciate it. Thanks Jim.
Ive given them a trail, they should have been / be asking wrecker for details on who sold to him, and who he sold to.
He was cagey as hell when I asked about the previous owner.

Appreciate it. Thanks Jim.
Ive given them a trail, they should have been / be asking wrecker for details on who sold to him, and who he sold to.
He was cagey as hell when I asked about the previous owner.
I'll bet he was......

This is ridiculous.

They have the VINs, then they ask for the VINs again?! Did you point out there is a report with the VINs already? A year old? I mean you made a report, right?

Tell them to read their own report to get the VINs.

This is absurd! I would threaten court action and have them explain why nothing happened with a report of stolen cars for so long and they don't even have the report anymore. Geez. This is beyond incompetence.

Either way, if you can take our crashed computer hard drive to someone who does this sort of thing (there are many such companies around) they can recover your data so you get your VINs back. I am sure there's free software you can get to do it yourself (not that I know how).

And one question pokes up now. If they declare those cars stolen, what happens with the one car you bought back? That is stolen goods!

This is ridiculous.

They have the VINs, then they ask for the VINs again?! Did you point out there is a report with the VINs already? A year old? I mean you made a report, right?

Tell them to read their own report to get the VINs.

This is absurd! I would threaten court action and have them explain why nothing happened with a report of stolen cars for so long and they don't even have the report anymore. Geez. This is beyond incompetence.

Either way, if you can take our crashed computer hard drive to someone who does this sort of thing (there are many such companies around) they can recover your data so you get your VINs back. I am sure there's free software you can get to do it yourself (not that I know how).

And one question pokes up now. If they declare those cars stolen, what happens with the one car you bought back? That is stolen goods!
I would think that having proof that Vivid bought it back and had publicly announced that he had completed the process would remove any liability, but not the fact that it had been stolen in the first place........

Hi Guys. Yes Ive already provided them VINs but dispite my weekly/fortnightly calling a report was never taken 'we need to establish if there is a civil claim'

VINs photos etc are very likely on a backup drive, and also in a folder with receipts somewhere, but as a renter in this stupid market moving 4 times in 5 years mixes things up a bit!

I have however recovered the bulk of details and Ill re-list them for the officer.
Ive told the police I bought the car back and why I did not challenge the wrecker.

This is why Ive been asked VINs for 11 cars and not 12. I still don't have VINs for all of them, Id rather not announce which but for those I do have other details and photos to backup my claims.

I feel for the poor bastard (If I do recover any) that has 1 bought, and 2 sunk money into. I would have thought these cars be easily traced if there was a will.

Ill be calling the officer who reached out Friday, on Monday, and have a chat.

Particularly about the whereabouts of the 1 car remaining, and where I stand with the car I bought back. At the end of the day Im glad to have it back, and still desperate to locate others.

Its not the same officer I started with. She has since been on maternity leave and moved stations, with nothing over that time.