Manual Convertible Top in a 306?

ozmichel

Tadpole
Hello everyone.

I'm looking at buying 'another' 306 convertible (I just love my current 306 convertible).
But before I go and have a look, I wanted to know if they were ever sold in Australia with a manual roof?
The seller (a used car dealer) claims it's a factory manual.
I don't really want a manual roof and I can't find anything online that says they came with a manual operated top.

Has anyone heard of that or can shed some light?
Many thanks
Michel

They are automatic / hydraulically operated using a switch between rear window switches, never manual.

Mines trending towards manual anyway. What disconnections etc are suggested to use manually?
Are you saying that you want to convert yours into a fully manual operating roof?
If that’s what you’re saying, my only question is this.
Why?

[FONT=Tahoma,Calibri,Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif]5
Because i thought it would be less trouble overall, and I'd be fine with operating it manually.​
[/FONT]

There not that hard to get working again. Not much actually goes wrong

Sent from my SM-G930F using aussiefrogs mobile app

Thanks cav91, I'll keep you in mind. Mine has lost some fluid from the cylinder that sits in the middle of the rear seal, and needs a helping hand to complete the raising.

Continuing the saga of the manual top, any idea what is commonly a problem with these?
Are we looking at lots of money or do they regularly blow a fuse or something simple?

The roof lift switch halfway along the roof fails and the wiring to it the boot lid switch fails and the inhibit signal from the engine ecu can go missing you really need to plug the xo peugeot tester into it and run it manually to see what it’s missing I have one but up in Newcastle I don’t know many dealers that would have one or know how to use it in Sydney you can’t seem to just get a safe oil change now a days

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Last edited:
Most common thing to break we find. Is the flap mechanism. The bit that locks the flap down when using the wheel brace. It also opens and closes the flap.
If you have all the parts there, often they just need to be reset. Lower the roof all the way and lock it in. Then use the button to try and electrically close it. If it does nothing you then will need to start testing micro switches and making sure the system is working.

Sent from my SM-G930F using aussiefrogs mobile app

I have a couple of remade flap mechanisns and asking $150 exchange if that is what you need

I have a couple of remade flap mechanisns and asking $150 exchange if that is what you need

Thanks ianrobbo, I have not decided to buy that other 306 yet.
But i will remember to contact you, should I buy it, and need the flap mechanism.