MA5 gearbox- who overhauls

Big Frog

Fellow Frogger
Hello all,
Looking to send a MA5 manual gearbox from a 2008 Berlingo out for some work, needs syncros, and has a oil leak out of a selector shaft ( which I understand has to be done from inside). These boxes would be in Pugs as well.
I’m in Mudgee, so sending off to Sydney would be ok I guess. Any recommendations on who does this work ? Always best to find someone who is familiar with the make. Any tip’s appreciated

Steve

Reasonably straight forward to rebearing if you follow instructions on line,
i have ma 5 s/h gear clusters with ok syncros (diff went) you are welcome to in Queanbeyan

There's always the Gearbox Factory in Condell Park, but any trained mechanic somewhere near Mudgee should be happy to do it. That usually means older blokes. It's a very conventional transmission,

If you have to send it, rather than deliver it yourself, I'd recommend Neat Gearboxes in Adelaide.

ok, likely same box as 206 , Is there no-one competent in Bathurst ?

I'm sure there are competent ppl out there , just don’t know who they are. You do get a bit of “ oh a Citroen” response, that is usually followed by them being completely clueless about where to get parts. Once before I asked a mechanic in our town to replace some front bushes on the Berlingo, came back with a price of $880 in parts ( and that was 10 years ago) they had just rung up Citroen I guess. In that case the parts were about 30 $ a bush ( the p shaped ones on the rear of the front A arm.)
It always nice to have a recommendation, seems to save some pain.

you could try Jason Hantos in Sydney he is a citroen peugeot mechanic