M59 Berlingo - Speed Sensor Location

softweigh

Tadpole
Hi guys

I'm struggling to find mt speed sensor on my SWB van It's supposed to be a 2009 but definately it's an M59 with the 1.4 motor and the speedo is erratic ..seems to be the connector as it will work/not work after going over a bump .. I have been told the sensor is just above where the driver side driveshaft goes into the final drive housing but there is nothing there. I was shown a Peugeot 206 which supposedly is the same chassis/motor and speed sensor but where they have it I cannot find it on my van!! Are the aussie van's different?? All I want to do is pull the sensor plug off and spray with contact cleaner so I have a regular working speedo and odometer! Any help would be much appreciated!!!

In later cars, the ABS system supplies the speedo information.

Cheers, Ken

Brilliant .. thanks guys .. Yeah I know the later models use ABS sensors on the wheels but my van has none .. sure I'll find that darn connector now!!

Hi Seasink .. so if you are facing the engine compartment standing at the front of the van is it on the bell housing area that's under the battery ..I did spot a sensor there with a 3 wire plug or should I be looking on the housing closer to the bulkhead and behind the block??

Look above where the drive shaft comes out of the transmission, right at the back. Nearest the bulkhead. There's a gear wheel next to the diff bearing that turns it.

Larger capacity engines in the Peugeot cars can have a different series gearbox. The sizes of the bell housing casting give a quick indicator.

Last edited:
615D90AA-999B-4367-BCE3-0686AC4DBBBA.jpeg