lowering my C4

sim0n

Fellow Frogger
Hi, i recently purchased a C4 and would like to lower it with springs before i pop some new rims on. Thing is, im having a hard time trying to find suspension products for the C4 as i don't think many people has attempted to modify the C4 in any way yet....so i was wondering if you guys know any places where i can get some C4 springs or if other car makes springs will fit onto the C4? What suspension brand do they use for Citroen rally?

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

It's always be hard to find some after market Parts for Citroen because most of the Brand are come from Euro. I suggest you search the suitable part from UK & Germen and then order from local dealer. I ordered a set of KW-1 form UK by this way.

DoubleChevron said:
Don't you just move the lever beside the seat :confused: :roflmao: :roflmao: :tongue: :rolleyes:

Isn't that the standard eject lever for when you want to bail the f**k out of Citroen ownership? :whip:

DoubleChevron said:
Don't you just move the lever beside the seat :confused: :roflmao: :roflmao: :tongue: :rolleyes:

Yeah that's what I usually do when I want to show the "bouncers" on the freeway how to properly lower a car, and raise it again, and lower it, and raise it a bit higher, then set it back to normal and leave them comfortably for dead.

Don't other cars have this feature :confused:

Works wonders on rutted roads and flooded causeways too.:headbang:

Check out your insurance before you do. Almost every insurance policy I've ever seen prohibits these changes unless you tell them, and some simply prohibit the changes altogether.

Some allow you to make changes, but then they sting you with a huge premium increase. If you don't tell them about the changes, and you have an accident, you may find yourself without cover as they look for any reason not to pay.

Only Shannons and a couple of others allow modifications - you just need to tell them. They may still sting you for it.

Just budget the insurance rise in, is all.

thanks,
Andrew

Hey Simon
It's a damn shame that the C4 didn't come with adjustable hydropneumatic suspension and I imagine it would cost a bit to put it on as an aftermarket option!....and a small feat of engineering to be able to drive as low as you want and have a firmer rate of springing. There was a C3 with spheres under the bonnet somewhere on this forum, anyone know about this?
I've driven past the local Saturday gathering with my car on low just for laughs but it is on the bumpstops at this setting. Great until it gets too bumpy but then again it's no worse than many lowered cars that have about a centimetre clearance under the muffler treating speedhumps like metre deep trenches.
To be able to adjust the height and comfort levels by adjusting a lever means that I don't slow down for speed humps, in fact I mostly speed up. Yes my car is versatile like that but a CX is not a C4 is it?!:roflmao:
Andy

Andy N said:
Hey Simon
There was a C3 with spheres under the bonnet somewhere on this forum, anyone know about this?

Andy

Ha Ha... a little joke played on an unsuspecting AF member (by none other than than UFO and the NSWCCC), the sphere was literally sitting under the bonnet :roflmao:

Cheers
Chris