Loud screeching noise in a 308cc engine.

207ccRipper

Tadpole
I have a 2009 308cc turbo in the morning at start up it produces a loud screeching sound I feel it’s coming from the high pressure fuel pump but not sure. Anyway when it reaches pressure the noise slowly fades away. Kind of puzzled the motors runs fine, plenty of powers and the noise disappears once all is warm.
Thinking of swapping out the fuel pump.
Any clues guys.
Regards

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

I have a 2009 308cc turbo in the morning at start up it produces a loud screeching sound I feel it’s coming from the high pressure fuel pump but not sure. Anyway when it reaches pressure the noise slowly fades away. Kind of puzzled the motors runs fine, plenty of powers and the noise disappears once all is warm.
Thinking of swapping out the fuel pump.
Any clues guys.
Regards

‘Fan belt’ / power steering belt a tad loose perhaps. As it heats up by slipping it would probably fade away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm vacuum pump , I have already pulled it apart looks fine plenty of oil inside to lubrication. Thanks for the idea though.

Ok I’ll give it a go. I have daigbox and PP2000. Strange one ah. I have had the car for a couple of months and when I went to see it it was already warm and running now I know why.

When the it gives a psst noise as the pressure releases if you get close to it you can hear it, when it does that the screech seems to fade away. Hmm

Get a long metal rod. Poke this down into the engine at each component in turn.
Hold your ear to the rod
You will quickly locate which component is causing the screeching
May be pulley
New belt has stretch da bit and is loose

I use a piece of hose and use it like a stethoscope for noise location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk