Looking for the tools (keys ) to remove the radio from my Koleos

richtind

Fellow Frogger
All Koleos owners or Sellers of parts; I am still looking for the keys to remove the radio from my 2014 Koleos Bose. I had a head unit replaced about 6 months ago and they reinstalled the radio, but connected the lights in the unit to a live connection, therefore it has been discharging the battery. I need to remove the radio to connect the lights to the correct point, so when the doors are closed and every electrical item in the vehicle will be off. :(

I agree with Col, but the last set of keys I bought (for a laguna) were just two u shaped prongs that you could replicate pretty easily with a bit of bent coat hanger wire. Check on eBay for the correct tools and perhaps replicate from there.

I would be taking this back to the people that installed the head unit and requesting that they fix this problem. :2cents:

I wouldn't.
If they buggered up this most basic task, then failed to notice before giving it back to the customer, I'd not let them anywhere near my car.
Think what else they could screw up in a complex dash!!!

Jo

The install should of been plug and play

They should also guarantee their work, maybe a young less experienced member of their team did the install and a more senior member can fix it.

If all fails you have the Department of Fair Trading to fall back on.

I agree with Col, but the last set of keys I bought (for a laguna) were just two u shaped prongs that you could replicate pretty easily with a bit of bent coat hanger wire. Check on eBay for the correct tools and perhaps replicate from there.

You don't even need to bend the coat hanger. Just chop each end of a basic wire coathanger and they're ready made with minor flexible adjustments.

Just make sure you haven't used some mates Kiwi radio aerial... ;-)

Thanks for all your reply's, I don't feel like taking it back to that dealer Jo, I feel just the way you do, I will try the coat hanger idea if somebody does not have the keys to buy or lend.

Thanks for all your reply's, I don't feel like taking it back to that dealer Jo, I feel just the way you do, I will try the coat hanger idea if somebody does not have the keys to buy or lend.

Just remember if it turns pear shape you will be on your own. :2cents:

Perhaps you should have a look at this before you try and work out where the coathangers go......

All Koleos owners or Sellers of parts; I am still looking for the keys to remove the radio from my 2014 Koleos Bose. I had a head unit replaced about 6 months ago and they reinstalled the radio, but connected the lights in the unit to a live connection, therefore it has been discharging the battery. I need to remove the radio to connect the lights to the correct point, so when the doors are closed and every electrical item in the vehicle will be off. :(
Hi Richtind, I have exactly the same problem in my 2010 Dymanic. I'm Installing a generic 7" touch screen in place of the tomtom which is no longer working properly. I now want to remove the radio to access the speaker cables.
That English video is helpful but uses special key tool. Did you manage To improvise something?

Hi Richtind, I have exactly the same problem in my 2010 Dymanic. I'm Installing a generic 7" touch screen in place of the tomtom which is no longer working properly. I now want to remove the radio to access the speaker cables.
That English video is helpful but uses special key tool. Did you manage To improvise something?
Those so called special tools are available from places like Ebay

No need to improvise.

Richtind hasn't been on here since Oct 2018 - he's long gone.

Cheers

Justin

OK thanks for that info, but I'm mainly interested in the issue of removing the radio. Any thoughts?
I see my radio has the 2 slots under the front panel like in the video. No holes in the front for coat hanger wire.