Looking For Owner of Vedette

Marc Henneron

Tadpole
Could anyone please help me trace the whereabouts of Mr Phil McCumisky who had a Simca Vedette for sale at the 2005 french car festival on the 17th of April in Melbourne. I am a peugeot club member and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could send me Mr McCumisky's contact details or pass on my email address: dorian@jeack.com.au
The only thing I know is that Mr McCumisky lives in the country not far from Aulbury.
Thank You,
Marc Henneron.

Marc Henneron said:
Could anyone please help me trace the whereabouts of Mr Phil McCumisky who had a Simca Vedette for sale at the 2005 french car festival on the 17th of April in Melbourne. I am a peugeot club member and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could send me Mr McCumisky's contact details or pass on my email address: dorian@jeack.com.au
The only thing I know is that Mr McCumisky lives in the country not far from Aulbury.
Thank You,
Marc Henneron.
Hi Mark,

You can contact the Vedette Register on 03 5484 3245

JP

Not far from Albury?? I saw one in Yass about amonth ago and the owner said it had been sold to someone who ...I think wanted the motor .. aand the rest was going to be done up by someone else who wanted to enter it in the summernats. the house also has, I think, a Vedette wreck in their yard

Decca

That was probably it.. Do seem to recall something about Ebay. and how many Vedettes would be around anyway?

I stopped to look at the car as I was passing as it reminded me of a car called the Beaulieu ?? which I remember as a kid . I think they were an american Chrysler but cant recall ever seeing one since

Decca

Last edited:
Marc Henneron said:
Thank You,
Marc Henneron.
I've got the address.
Phil McCumisky,
PO Box 151
Rochester 3561
Graham

Ray Bell,

the yard in Yass has a 2 door station wagon, its only a shell with nothing forward of the bulkhead. Could it be a Vedette??
Has Vedette type fins and the doors appear to be normal size ie. 4 door size.
it's on the nature strip one street back from the main drag. Dont know if you have seen it

Decca

Broudeau.
I would have thought later than 56. had similar wrap round front windscreen to Holden FB EK series which is around 1960.
The car is one street to the right (running parrallel) with the main street (Comur St) when you are travelling towards Melbourne

Decca

Is that before or after you cross the river?

Yeah, '56 Chev had a wrap around screen... might be a pic somewhere...

1956-Chevrolet-Nomad-yellow-white-le.jpg

Nice pic Broudeau.
front of car is gone but side of car looks like it
It's in town possibly behind Target. If I go there today will get street name

Decca

Decca said:
Nice pic Broudeau.
front of car is gone but side of car looks like it
It's in town possibly behind Target. If I go there today will get street name

Decca

Would these 2dr waggons originally have been hearses??
To me, thatyellow Chev looks like it would have been a funeral car.