Longstone Tyres

I hear you.....

And back on thread ... I will need a set of 165X400 X... so I'd better order them ....

I've been made to promise to get Buttercup back on the road.... for... Our middle daughter's (Caiti) wedding next October... so Jan suggested that she would come to next Citin with me if it was in Buttercup... but I want to drive the 2cv... so Caiti and
Eric (the gullible chap who's intending to be groom at the wedding) and Jan will tour in comfort in Buttercup, while I follow with all the tools and fluid supplies.

Its a plan!

Bob

Sounds like fun .... lets move our attentions to Roger and whinge at him instead to get his DS19 driving again :clown: :clown:

I'm not sure if we'll get to the next Cit-in. There getting expensive these days with 5 of us :( (then again just about everything is getting too expensive so that doesn't say much :roflmao: :roflmao: ).

seeya,
Shane L.

I hear you.....

And back on thread ... I will need a set of 165X400 X... so I'd better order them ....

I've been made to promise to get Buttercup back on the road.... for... Our middle daughter's (Caiti) wedding next October... so Jan suggested that she would come to next Citin with me if it was in Buttercup... but I want to drive the 2cv... so Caiti and
Eric (the gullible chap who's intending to be groom at the wedding) and Jan will tour in comfort in Buttercup, while I follow with all the tools and fluid supplies.

Its a plan!

Bob

.....and fluid supplies'
I'm getting a bad visual!

I'm guessing buttercup is going to be LHM now :confused: .... If your going to change every boot and seal you might as well use a fluid that prevents rust when (not if :clown: ) it leaks!

At this stage I'm intending to put it on a pale amber coloured (mineral) hydraulic fluid. The odour might not be authentic, but the resistance to moisture will be of benefit. As will the compatibility with "normal" sealing elastomers, and relatively low effect from spillage...............

................... but then again some of the newer boutique ales are impressive too... I'll start a testing program.

Bob

I've been made to promise to get Buttercup back on the road.... for... Our middle daughter's (Caiti) wedding next October... so Jan suggested that she would come to next Citin with me if it was in Buttercup... but I want to drive the 2cv... so Caiti and Eric (the gullible chap who's intending to be groom at the wedding) and Jan will tour in comfort in Buttercup, while I follow with all the tools and fluid supplies.

Its a plan!

Bob

Great to hear you, Bob. I'll look forward to catching up with you in Nooriootpa.
We used Nankangs on the 2012 raids. No problems with the tyres but three "economical" Korean tubes failed, so I went tubeless at Birdsville and was fine after that. What is others' experience with tubes (or not) on raid 2CVs?

Great to hear you, Bob. I'll look forward to catching up with you in Nooriootpa.
We used Nankangs on the 2012 raids. No problems with the tyres but three "economical" Korean tubes failed, so I went tubeless at Birdsville and was fine after that. What is others' experience with tubes (or not) on raid 2CVs?

For Raid 2008, I had six new Nankang N803 135/15s (I have two spares, one in the boot under all the camping gear, the other in a wheel well on the bonnet for quick access). They were tubeless throughout the Raid, although I did have a spare tube or two (?) just in case.

I had two damaged tyres on successive days around Mt Augustus in WA. One tyre had sidewall damage on the passenger front. The passenger heard that one and we stopped. It wasn't worth putting in a tube as the sidewall would have pinched it quick smart, so it was replaced. The next day a rock caused a star fracture on the tread of the passenger rear tyre. Since this hardly affects a 2CV on a gravel road, it was the smell of burning rubber that allerted us of the damage. The tyre was trashed and BBQ'd and red hot to touch. The end result was two tyres damaged beyond repair and trashed. I bought to new tyres to replace them, which I stiil have as spares. The four road tyres have been replaced with new pattern Nankangs as they had worn out.

I would not normally put a tube into a tubeless tyre. It creates a lot of extra friction and is generally discouraged by tyre makers (thats why they make both tubless and tubed tyres, and their internal carcases are different).

I spent a further month travelling NT and WA after Raid 2008, returning home after 3 months and 26,000 kms. I had just built the car and wanted to run it in on various road surfaces. I jest, actually it was Long Service Leave for my wife.

John

What happens in Birdsville, stays in Birdsville. :eek:

Right?

Why did I have the feeling when I typed about going tubeless in Birdsville, that someone would leap onto it? You just needed to be there, Craig. You'd have enjoyed the party.

Thanks for your experience, John. Obviously the Nanakangs are better run tubeless.

Hi

I realise this is a commercial thread so i understand if it gets taken down. However historically many of you have taken advantage of what we offer and i hope it is good for you again.

this is our Citroen web page Citroen Tyres | Longstone Tyres on here there is a fitments recommendations for classic Citroen.

we can presently ship a set of Michelins Collection tyres to your door in Australia for £ 150 ( or $ 255 USD) It isn't as cheap as it used to be but i hope it is of use to you and i think it is good value.

Regards

Dougal
Longstone Tyres
00 44 1302 711123
I just did a calculation - -

so does this mean that I get 4 michelin traction tyres for - - AU$ 264.22 or are they the DS 15" tyres ??

John

You should have said "Yes, attached to a car, but I couldn't afford the car".

The courier delivered to me 4 X 2CV tyres, cable tied together and asked if they were motorbike tyres.

John
Park two mopeds in a garden shed with a bottle of red wine and some oysters and you get a 2CV...

Just a hello to you guys.

Have you seen the 165R400 Pirelli tyres that are now available from Stuckey tires out in Auss?
yep

he is good mr. stuckey
he mounted a set of michey XAS on my 914 during lockdown while he had to recharge his electric car.
just me and him and our masks.

he said i would not regret parting with the $ and i would not be disappointed.
i still feel the pain of parting with the $ but i am not disappointed.
the pirelli CNs he could have had - were all gobbled up by the 911 guys. i might have been tempted.

the car drives like its supposed to again. like a little lotus.
always put the right tyres on and don't over tyre.

dunno about driving it in the wet, but i'm not doing that anyway. in the dry, its fantastic........again.