Locking nut 3008

Blair

Tadpole
I’ve just discovered the wheel locking nut remover isn’t in my car. I’ve actually never seen it (bought secondhand).
Anyone know how I replace it?
Spose I’ll call Peugeot tomorrow.

You are in serious doo-doo. The forum has many threads regarding wheel removal with no tool or a defective one that you could look up.

Is it possible to ask the seller for it?

ASAP get all the wheel bolts replaced with standard ones.

Hi.

A friend was recently quoted AU$700 by a dealer to supply a replacement "keyed" lock bolt tool for a Peugeot 407. They were told that the tool had to be made to order in Germany to match the code. The original lock bolt tool was not lost, but was damaged by the last tyre place that used it. This was not known until it was needed to be used recently. Two of the four round dowel "key" pins have sheared and broken, we suspect that incorrect alignment and engagement of the keyed lock tool onto the lock bolt and use of an impact driver were the cause of the broken dowel pins.

We are going to replace the missing sections of dowel pins with a length of shank from a matching twist drill approx 4mm Dia, and are very confident that the repaired tool will enable the lock bolts to be removed. We will use a hammer and drift onto the heads of the lock bolts to assist in breaking the grip of the thread and chamfer, hopefully to reduce the initial breakout torque needed to loosen them.

As seasink and many others on here have said; once removed, the lock bolts will not be used again, but will be replaced by standard wheel bolts.

Cheers.

Yeah, well Jarvis reckon $200 and about a three month wait. Or call 'Dr Bolt' who will remove them and
replace with regular nuts (they have them for $15 each).

Thanks for the advice.

Hi - The lock bolt tool dowel pin repair worked for my friend. Anti tamper bolts are all now undone and will never be refitted.

Cheers.

For a late Xantia with this problem once upon a time, I recall going through a selection of the discarded security bolt tools (like the one pictured below) and finding one close enough with a missing pin to get it to undo with a rattle gun pushed in quite hard. You might have some success with careful use of a rattle gun and a tight socket tapped on.

1686139225832.png