Local assistance needed in Canberra

Frenchie, as ADACanbarra is new to the forum he can't send private messages, maybe give him a clue how to google you. Don't post your mobile Tony.

The issue is that you can't use the messaging feature of the forum as a new member. I have sent you both a message as a workaround.

SuperCheap and most Roadside services can read and clear your fault codes if that's all you are in need of. However, they usually appear for a reason, so simply resetting may see it come back if nothing is done about it.

Thank you for explaining and providing a work around.

I had the car serviced in November including a gearbox oil change. Shortly after the service a 'Gearbox Faulty' warning appeared. The car has been running perfectly since. I had it serviced last week and my local mechanic couldn't find a fault but also said they don't have the capability clear the warning. Not sure??

Thanks for the SuperCheap advice as well. If I don't hear from Frenchie I will give them a try.

So I tried SuperCheap and they found two small faults (burned out bulbs) which was good, but still no luck on the 'Gearbox Faulty'. The gentleman at SuperCheap seemed to think that their diagnostic machine may not have the capability to reset the fault. Similar to my mechanic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will try Scullin Service centre but I think the options are dwindling.

Hi, Also try googling "Canberra Peugeot Association". There is a number listed of a local Peugeot guy who can hopefully assist.

The el cheapo $50 or so code readers can read and reset codes. They just can't interpret PSA-specific codes, or give much of an explanation of standard ones, if at all.

There are a few codes related to automatic gearboxes, some PSA specific. What were the codes found?

The code is ‘Gearbox faulty’. This appeared after the gearbox oil had been changed. No issues whatsoever since the service. Vehicle runs perfectly.

That's unfortunately not a code, but a description that could go with more than one error. Codes are a letter followed by 4 digits or letters, eg "U1109". Without the value it is hard to get a handle on what has happened.

'Gearbox faulty' can also be one of the hints that the engine slave / fuse box is starting to fail.
AL4 auto gearboxes are also known for problems with the position switch and the pressure regulation electrovalve on the valve block, but you'd hope to see an actual fault recorded pointing you in that direction.

That's unfortunately not a code, but a description that could go with more than one error. Codes are a letter followed by 4 digits or letters, eg "U1109". Without the value it is hard to get a handle on what has happened.

'Gearbox Fault' is the generic message displayed on the centre console, a bit like illuminating the Check Engine Light (CEL).

@ADACanberra Try Bill McNamee, he has the Peugeot service tools to read and clear the faults.

1686098452028.png

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions. Frenchie came by last week and game me a hand. Champion bloke! He confirmed there is no fault code for the gearbox but the “gearbox faulty “ notification still appears when starting. I’ll give Bill a call. Thanks again everyone. Great community.

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions. Frenchie came by last week and game me a hand. Champion bloke! He confirmed there is no fault code for the gearbox but the “gearbox faulty “ notification still appears when starting. I’ll give Bill a call. Thanks again everyone. Great community.
I think Bill is still Overseas at present.