Live E-Racing (Sim) - New Events coming.

Fordman

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Here's something coming up:

https://www.tcraustralia.com/first-liveries-details-revealed-for-carsales-arg-esport-cup/

Especially being at Bathurst, could be worth a look.

It's happening across most forms of motorsport, the professional race drivers are competing seriously on simulators with the events being streamed live (and free) to anyone who wants to log in.

Watching someone else racing in what are very sophisticated computer games does sound silly, doesn't it, but it is becoming very popular in the current isolation environment.

TCR, Supercars, Formula 1, are all creating events in the near future. Interesting modern development.

Something that motorsport can offer while live events are cancelled, pretty hard for most other sports.

:cheers:

(Also posted in Toad Pond thread - What to do at home ..............)

Last edited:
E-racing is mad.

I mean competition is competition right. and modern platforms are cool!

Heck even GT-SPORT has FIA accreditation and a "Series"

It's entertaining.

This will be fun.

Coming tonight 8.00pm AEDT

Bathurst sim racing live (TCR, S5000, TCM, Trans Am)

All details here including FREE live stream options:

https://www.tcraustralia.com/entry-list-52-cars-set-for-carsales-arg-esport-cup/

Most Drivers are the actual drivers from the actual series. Could be fun.

(I think at this stage all the TCR cars may be Audi S3 with various liveries as it is the only TCR model on I-racing, I guess that will change).

Thanks for the reminder! will be tuning in :D

That stream is embarrassing :(

Clearly they thought they could relay on the "stars" and that would be enough... No live timing, no positions, heck the audio is broken most of the time..

I thought these guys had money, and could you know hire consultants and stuff.

Yes, there is a lot they could learn to improve the show. And yes, live timing and leaderboard need to be right, the audio was in and out, and mainly the stream was jumpy and cars missing, etc. I'm the furthest you could get from being expert, but I wonder if 52 cars is just too many for the system to handle. (Not for the track, we used to run 50-60 cars in the early 1970s, it was great).

Bowie, I watched it on the Youtube feed and it left a lot to be desired, how about you? Or anyone else find it better on Facebook feed, or one of the others?

Anyway, probably OK for a first time, but you would think they would have sorted some of the problems before this.

Cheers.

Also been catching this. Mainly watching the F1 Esports guys. Theres been a couple of great races. Even Johnny Herbert, Je spn buttong were racing. Norris, hulks, Leclerc and his younger brother, Vandoorne, verstappen, lunguard, and the list goes on. They will be racing a lot more. Its often just streaming on Youtube through F1E.

How good were the Supercars last night! I'm usually the first to bag taxi racing. Amazing graphics. I'm looking forward to Round 10, when they race at Oran Park! If you didn't rate Scott McLaughlin before, you should now. Places 1, 5 and 1. And the 5th was from reverse grid start.

The TCR Esport tonight from Zolder, Belgium, was 100% better video & audio wise than last week's first attempt.

Next week Thurs 8.00pm AET they are at Watkins Glen. It's quite good to watch really, you have to remind yourself its not real.

Might take a look at Supercars as well.

How good were the Supercars last night! I'm usually the first to bag taxi racing. Amazing graphics. I'm looking forward to Round 10, when they race at Oran Park! If you didn't rate Scott McLaughlin before, you should now. Places 1, 5 and 1. And the 5th was from reverse grid start.

I watched the replay today on Ch10 Bold. Wow, very realistic graphics and sound. Serious racing with a sense of humour. Pity they didn't let Dave Reynolds race in his Super Mario outfit.
And how cool is it to be shunted into a fence, end-for-ended, written off and then be in the next race 15 mins later! :joker::joker:

I'll be watching the next one also.

I'm not saying it will replace physical car racing, but think of the cost savings! Drivers at home, don't need to fly/drive to the tracks. Cars locked away in workshops, no money spent on repairs, rebuilds, tyres. No transporters required to get the cars to the track.

Much like a "cakeless cake stall", did anyone ever do that - we had one at our kid's school years ago. Instead of mums and dads buying ingredients for a cake, wasting time baking it, then more time going to the stall and then buying someone else's cake, everyone was just asked to put in $5 to the cakeless cake stall fund, 100% profit, no costs, no wasted time. OK, so it only works once, maybe.

Sorry people it's a no for me.

I tried watching it and thought no this is rubbish, I'd rather play my own play station instead of watching big kids play theirs.

Last edited: